In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Shared Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Budget cottage
This first floor studio apartment is perfect for couples looking for an affordable break away from it all in an area of peace and tranquility. Mosedale is ideally based to explore Caldbeck Fells, Keswick, Ullswater and the Eden Valley with the rest of Cumbria and the Yorkshire Dales being easily accessible.
The hamlet of Mosedale is located 3.5 miles north of the A66, Penrith to Keswick road and within 20 minutes drive of the M6 making this an ideal base from which to tour the whole of Cumbria. Located at the foot of Carrock Fell, walks can be taken from the door over the ‘Back o Skidda’ or if this sounds too energetic the beautiful Eden Valley is a short drive away with flat rolling countryside, perfect for enjoying a bike ride. Easy access to the motorway means days out can be enjoyed on the Solway Coast, Hadrian’s Wall, Eden Valley, Yorkshire Dales, the Pennines and Lancashire.
The traditional stone built farmhouse dates back to 1860 overlooking the River Caldew. Set around the courtyard the outbuildings have been converted to provide accommodation for those looking for a holiday in an area of peace and tranquillity, yet within easy reach of local attractions in Keswick and Penrith. Nestled under Carrock Fell, the cottages enjoy views across the river and Mosedale Valley and are surrounded by 4 acres of paddocks and gardens with summerhouse, picnic table and BBQ. Guests, on request, can hire the Courtyard Bedroom which is a ground floor twin bedroom with en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC. This bedroom is equipped with wide door for wheel chair access and has grab rails in the bathroom and is ideal for families requiring additional room or require a ground floor bedroom. (Please check availability of this room prior to making a booking).
This cosy first floor studio is accessed by an external stone staircase, has exposed beams and stonework, is heated by night storage heaters and comprises:
- Open plan lounge/bedroom the double aspect room has Sky digital TV, DVD player, double bed and has beautiful views of Bowscale Fell.
- Dining kitchen with electric cooker, fridge/freezer and microwave.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric, bed linen and towels provided.
- Ample private parking.
- Shared use of the courtyard laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer and gardens with summerhouse, picnic table and BBQ.
- Sorry this property is not suitable for children.
- PLEASE NOTE there is no mobile signal at this cottage, guests have use of a shared payphone.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.