In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- On street parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
Heartings Cottage is centrally based in an elevated part of Ambleside which is ideally positioned to explore the whole of the Lake District. The cottage is suited to a family or couple looking for a characterful cottage with a wood burning stove for cosy nights in and patio area for summer relaxation, making it an ideal all year round holiday cottage.
Ambleside is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Lake District and for its size has a large number of facilities to cater for everyone including varied shops, restaurants, bars and a cinema. Located on the shores of Lake Windermere, ferry trips can be enjoyed from Waterhead dropping off at Bowness and Lakeside where you can visit the Aquarium or take a ride on the steam train. Ambleside is centrally based to explore Windermere, Langdale, Hawkshead, Grasmere and Keswick is within easy reach making it an ideal base from which to see the delights the Lake District has to offer.
The cottage is in an elevated position at the foot of Wansfell within a few minutes walk of Ambleside town centre. One of several mine workers cottages, Heartings Cottage is a refurbished mid terrace Lakeland stone property, converted in a contemporary style with great attention to detail to provide a superb holiday home which can be enjoyed all year round.
The gas centrally heated cottage comprises:
- Open plan living room with Lakeland slate flooring throughout, beamed ceiling, spotlights, seating area around a cosy wood burning stove, TV, DVD, Hi-Fi for CDs, MP3 and iPod dock and window seat with views over the garden to Wansfell.
- Shaker style kitchen with electric oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher and breakfast bar.
- Utility room with washer/dryer.
- First floor: Double bedroom with king size bed, iPod dock and window seat enjoying view to Wansfell.
- Bunk bedroom.
- Shower room with hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric, bed linen and towels included.
- On street parking.
- Garden with a raised flagged patio, garden furniture and view to Wansfell.
PLEASE NOTE This property is not suitable for children under 5 due to the steep stairs. This property is not suitable for children under 5 due to the steep stairs. 1 dog is welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
Stayed at Heartings cottage for the half term week with family and our dog. The cottage has everything you need and is well maintained and is in a great location for walking into Ambleside and for walking to Grasmere, Wansfell and the surrounding area. Would definately recommend this cottage and will hopefully returning for another stay in the future.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.