In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Balcony or Terrace
- Private parking
- Hot tub
- Leisure club facilities
- Pub within walking distance
High Rigg is located close to the rural hamlet of Faugh near Carlisle and Hadrian's Wall. The cottage is newly refurbished by an interior designer to provide luxurious, romantic accommodation for a couple or for a family looking to escape the city. Relaxing in your own private HOT TUB on the balcony where you can take in the views of the Castle Carrock fells or snuggling up in front of the cosy wood burning stove will leave you longing to return to this idyllic retreat year after year.
The rural hamlet of Faugh is located 7 miles east of Carlisle with traditional village pub and further amenities are available in the market town of Brampton, 3 miles east. The area is ideal for cyclists looking to explore the quieter country roads of the Eden Valley with pretty villages dotted along the River Eden, stop at one of the many inns on route and enjoy lunch with a locally produced ale or simply relax and enjoy the stunning scenery. With Hadrian’s Wall and Carlisle being only a short drive you can enjoy a bygone era exploring the walls or visiting Carlisle Castle and Cathedral or if you prefer have some retail therapy in Carlisle.
For those looking for a romantic beautifully furnished cottage in an idyllic rural setting with superb views, then look no further!! Located half a mile from the hamlet of Faugh and owned by an interior and floral stylist who lives in the main house and she has used her wealth of experience to blend traditional with shabby chic to provide accommodation of the highest standard whether for a romantic break or for two couples holidaying together. The lay out and gardens make it equally suitable for a family who will enjoy the two acres of lawned gardens, including half acre pond, with open rural aspect to the nearby Castle Carrock fells.
The romantic couple will luxuriate in the cottage with cosy living room, sumptuous sofas in front of the wood burning stove. The bedrooms are spacious with quality coordinated linens throughout together with towelling robes and fluffy towels provided and the master bedroom has a freestanding bath, en-suite shower room and seating area leading to the balcony featuring a hot tub to relax in while admiring the view to the fells.
The newly refurbished cottage has electric central heating and comprises:
- Open plan living area with full width patio doors to the covered, illuminated decking overlooking the pond, seating area around the fireplace with wood burning stove, TV and DVD player.
- Breakfast kitchen with electric cooker, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and microwave.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Master double bedroom with king size bed, seating area, TV, roll top bath, access to the balcony with hot tub and en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Twin bedroom with zip link beds which can be made up as a king size bed upon request (Please note if you require the beds linked together you must request this at the time of booking) TV and seating area leading to balcony.
- Luxuriously appointed spacious bathroom with roll top bath, shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- All electric, bed linen, towels, dressing gowns, toiletries and a welcome pack provided.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking.
- Wi-Fi included.
- Shared lawned garden with seating overlooking the pond, private decking and balcony with views to the fells.
- Hot tub available at a supplement of £50 per week.
- Complimentary leisure club membership at the Crown Hotel, Wetheral 5 miles away included.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.