In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Balcony or Terrace
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
Hilltoft Barn is a luxurious self catering Lake district holiday cottage situated in a stunning and peaceful location yet within easy access of Ullswater and Keswick. A truly characterful Cumbrian cottage awaits you with oak floors, characterful beams and a delightful sunny patio boasting views over rolling countryside to the Lake District fells beyond.
Stunning scenery awaits you. Dockray is a pretty hamlet situated only one and a half miles from Lake Ullswater, ideally placed for sightseeing, relaxing or taking part in the many outdoor activities within the area. Not to be missed, Aira Force, a tumbling waterfall which falls over 60 ft, it is located after an amazing and enchanting stroll through ancient woodland and glades, perfect for a family picnic. There is most definitely plenty to do in the area and you will certainly be spoiled for choice.
Hilltoft Barn is a delightful and characterful stone built detached barn conversion, which has been converted to an extremely high standard. The cottage has been furnished and equipped to a very high standard and now provides a perfect base from which holidaymakers can explore the delights of the Lake District National Park.
The cottage has oil central heating and comprises:
- Open plan living area with TV and DVD player, a superb light and airey room with vaulted ceiling, oak beams and oak flooring. French doors lead from the lounge to the patio area.
- Kitchen/diner shaker style kitchen with solid wood work surfaces, electric oven, halogen hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer.
- Twin bedroom.
- Wet room with shower, wash hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- First floor: An oak staircase leads from the lounge to a galleried/mezzanine double bedroom with traditional oak beams and velux sky light window.
- All, electric, oil, and bed linen provided.
- Wi-Fi available.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking for 2 cars.
- Bike store for up to 4 bikes
- Flagged open patio with seating area, planted borders and fabulous fell views.
- Pub within walking distance.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
Love the location and the views from the lounge are wonderful! We've had a lovely relaxing week and also celebrated our Anniversary of 33 years. Will definitely be back.
Ian and Wendy Robertson, Berkshire
Beautiful house and stunning location always a fan of Ullswater, but Dockray is a brilliant place to be based. Will return in the future!
Ellie and Andy - Nottingham/Leic
Safe to say we've all been pretty blown away by the beauty of this place. Gorgeous house, stunning location, and we will certainly be returning in the future.
Shiela, Fiona, Rosie and Lily - Harrogate, N. Yorkshire
We've had a brilliant Summer holiday in this wonderful cottage. Very sad to be going home, but hope to be back in the future. The girls loved the games in the cupboard particularly Marble Madness. We've had lots of family fun.
Rhodri, Ellen, Seren and Alys - North Wales