In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
A tastefully furnished 17th century farmhouse located only a short stroll from the centre of Grasmere, this luxury Lake District cottage still retains many original features. Hollens Farmhouse is offered to smaller parties at quieter times of year and known as Hollens Apartment with only the 2 bedrooms on the first floor being available. Outside there is a sunny patio with furniture, where better to relax with a glass of wine after a day exploring the area.
Grasmere is internationally acclaimed not only for its Wordsworth connections but also as it sits at the northern tip of the lake with the fells towering above in the most stunning scenery imaginable. It is a walkers haven with low and high walks available in all directions. A wide selection of tea rooms, restaurants and traditional village inns and a range of local shops including the world famous gingerbread shop and Heaton Cooper Art Gallery help to make this a popular destination at any time of the year.
Location, location, location; Hollens Farmhouse has it all. Nestled into the lower slopes of Rydal Fell, above the idyllic village of Grasmere, the property enjoys superb views towards Helm Crag (The Lion and The Lamb) and Silver Howe. The tastefully refurbished, 17th Century farmhouse is situated almost mid-way between Keswick and Ambleside with an abundance of outdoor pursuits available from the door. Hollens Farmhouse has been furnished and equipped to a very high standard with much attention to detail that has made this a much sort after addition to our range of properties. All bedrooms have en-suite facilities and the cottage retains many traditional features with a wealth of exposed oak beams and an oak cupboard dating from 1687.
The gas centrally heated accommodation comprises:
- Ground floor: Cloakroom with hand basin, WC and washer/dryer.
- First floor: Lounge with views down the Grasmere valley and to Grasmere lake, electric log burning effect stove, 46" smart TV, video and CD/hi-fi.
- Dining/kitchen with electric oven and hob, dishwasher, microwave and large American style fridge/freezer.
- The dining area with TV and views to the nearby fells and patio doors leading to the garden.
- Double bedroom with views down the valley and en-suite shower room with shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- Wi-Fi available.
- All gas, electric and bed linen included.
- Cot available.
- Lawned garden with patio and superb panoramic views over Grasmere to the nearby fells.
- Decked area with seating in the evening sun looking Helm Crag.
- Private parking for 2/3 cars.
- £100 refundable breakage deposit payable.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
Beautifully decorated cottage with excellent facilities and comfortable beds. The setting is perfect with magnificent views of the fells, conveniently close to Grasmere village and many lovely walks right from the front door. Highly recommended.
A great farmhouse beautifuly decorated. The beds are so comfortable and I looked forward to having a kip in the evening after an exhausting afternoon walking around the Lakes.
Fab cottage, comfy beds, really well decorated, bathrooms lovely, beautiful views. Had a lovely time in this relaxing cottage. The dining kitchen is great for socialising at meal times highly recommended and will definitely come again.
Kath, Colin, Chris, Lucy, Dylan Hughes
We had a most enjoyable week in the Lakes and found Hollens Farmhouse excellent and comfortable in all respects - it rose to the promise that the description on your website engendered. Thank you for the very good service.
What a fantastic place to stay, we loved the garden, the views were fantastic, furnished beyond our dreams, we will be back next year.