HOLLENS FARMHOUSE, GrasmereTel: 017687 74060 / 01539 448 081
Now offering £300 off a 7 night booking in June!
A tastefully furnished 17th century farm house located only a short stroll from the centre of Grasmere, this four bedroomed luxurious cottage still retains many original features, Hollens Farm House has four bedrooms and four bathrooms, sleeping eight it is great for large groups or families wishing the explore the Lake District together. Outside there is a sunny patio with furniture, where better to relax with a glass of wine after a day exploring the area.
Grasmere is internationally acclaimed not only for its Wordsworth connections but also as it sits at the northern tip of the lake with the fells towering above in the most stunning scenery imaginable. It is a walkers haven with low and high walks available in all directions.
A wide selection of tea rooms, restaurants and traditional village inns and a range of local shops including the world famous gingerbread shop and Heaton Cooper Art Gallery help to make this a popular destination at any time of the year.
Location, location, location; Hollens Farmhouse has it all. Nestled into the lower slopes of Rydal Fell, above the idyllic village of Grasmere, the property enjoys superb views towards Helm Crag (The Lion and The Lamb) and Silver Howe. The tastefully refurbished, 17th Century farmhouse is situated almost mid-way between Keswick and Ambleside with an abundance of outdoor pursuits available from the door. Hollens Farmhouse has been furnished and equipped to a very high standard with much attention to detail that has made this a much sort after addition to our range of properties. All four bedrooms have en-suite facilities and the cottage retains many traditional features with a wealth of exposed oak beams and an oak cupboard dating from 1687.
The gas centrally heated accommodation comprises:
- Double bedroom with characterful features including an antique French bed and en-suite shower room with shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin, WC and washer/dryer.
- Lounge with views down the Grasmere valley and to Grasmere lake, electric log burning effect stove, colour TV, video and CD/hi-fi.
- Dining/kitchen with electric oven and hob, dishwasher, microwave and fridge/freezer. The dining area with TV and views to the nearby fells and patio doors leading to the garden.
- Double bedroom with views down the valley and en-suite shower room with shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC. Wi-Fi available.
- All gas, electric and bed linen included.
- Cot available.
- Lawned garden with patio and superb panoramic views over Grasmere to the nearby fells.
- Private parking for 2/3 cars.
- £100 refundable breakage deposit payable.
Please note towels are not provided with this property.
Loading availability calendar...
Beautifully decorated cottage with excellent facilities and comfortable beds. The setting is perfect with magnificent views of the fells, conveniently close to Grasmere village and many lovely walks right from the front door. Highly recommended.
A great farmhouse beautifuly decorated. The beds are so comfortable and I looked forward to having a kip in the evening after an exhausting afternoon walking around the Lakes.
Fab cottage, comfy beds, really well decorated, bathrooms lovely, beautiful views. Had a lovely time in this relaxing cottage. The dining kitchen is great for socialising at meal times highly recommended and will definitely come again.
We had a most enjoyable week in the Lakes and found Hollens Farmhouse excellent and comfortable in all respects - it rose to the promise that the description on your website engendered. Thank you for the very good service.