In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Secure Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Open fire
- Budget cottage
Situated within the Cumbrian village of Kirkby Thore, Holme Lea is a detached bungalow standing in its own private garden, sleeping four and set out on the ground floor it is ideal accommodation for the more mature person or for a young family with children.
Kirkby Thore is located just off the A66 almost midway between Penrith and Appleby. The cottage is within 40 yards of the village stores and opposite the church. The village sits at the foot of the northern Pennines and has walking and cycling opportunities from the door. Within a 15 minute drive is Ullswater, the most northern of the lakes and Appleby noted for its country fair.
Holme Lea provides ideal accommodation for the more mature person with all accommodation on the ground floor or equally suitable for a family who will enjoy the ‘ basic yet comfortable accommodation’ on offer at a price that is excellent value for money.
The detached bungalow is heated by night storage heaters and comprises:
- Dining/lounge with open fire, TV, DVD player and good selection of books, maps and board games.
- Sun lounge/breakfast room with pleasant outlook to the rear garden.
- Modern kitchen electric oven and hob, fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Two twin bedrooms.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric, coal, logs, bed linen and towels provided.
- Cot available.
- Private parking for 2 cars.
- Garage with tumble dryer and storage for bikes.
- The bungalow sits in good size enclosed gardens with patio, garden furniture and barbeque.
- Free Wi-Fi available.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week . 5dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. . Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
I would like to take this opportunity in congratulating you on owning a lovely bungalow. Myself, husband, Mum and two dogs stayed at Holme Lea on the 10th-17th July and found it very comfortable and well equipped. Having breakfast in the conservatory was a lovely experience in the morning sun wth the birds singing. Your lady neighbour with the westie was very pleasant as were the ladies in the village shop. We enjoyed our local walks together with the varies places we visited by car. We would like to book with you again in the future.
Mr and Mrs Woodruff