In a Nutshell
- Five bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Lake view
- Wood burning stove
How End is a fantastic cottage, situated in an elevated location in the fabulous village of Braithwaite and boasts panoramic views of the Skiddaw Range from most windows. This spacious cottage comfortably sleeps 8 and is sure to appeal to families or groups of friends who wish to explore the Lake District. Stunning views and scenery await you!
How End is an outstanding and characterful 18th century cottage situated in an elevated position in the popular lakeland village of Braithwaite and boasts sweeping panoramic views of the Skiddaw range whilst embracing Bassenthwaite Lake and the beautiful countryside. Braithwaite is a pretty village and is an ideal base for anyone wishing to explore the Northern Lakes, the village has a shop and 2 public houses and is nestled at the foot of both Whinlatter Pass and Newlands Valley where a wide variety of sightseeing, walking, cycling and climbing opportunities await you. Nearby the bustling market town of Keswick offers a wealth of amenities including, museums, parks, golf courses, leisure pool and climbing wall to name but a few. The shores of Derwentwater are a leisurely stroll from Keswick town centre where you can visit the Theatre by the Lake, hire a rowing boat or relax on a launch whilst cruising and taking in some of the most breathtaking scenery in the area.
The cottage, which retains many original features including beamed ceilings and solid wood flooring has been lovingly furnished and equipped to a high standard and provides a homely base for families or groups of friends looking for a spectacular base from which to explore the Lake District.
The centrally heated accommodation comprises:
- Large entrance hallway.
- Open-plan kitchen/diner with wood burning stove, electric range master double oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher.
- Utility room with washing machine.
- Library with a selection of books and games, with views of the Skiddaw range.
- Sitting room with dual aspect windows giving stunning views to the Skiddaw range.
- Shower room with WC and hand basin.
- Inner vestibule leading to a large boiler/drying room ideal for storing bikes and outdoor gear.
- First floor: Spacious lounge with large bay window having stunning views to the Skiddaw range and Bassenthwaite Lake in the distance, cosy log burner, TV and DVD.
- Double bedroom with views of the Skiddaw range, adjacent shower room with WC and hand basin.
- King size bedroom with views of the Skiddaw range and en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Master king size bedroom with large luxury bathroom with bath, double shower cubicle, hand basin and WC, dual aspect window with view to Bassenthwate Lake and the Skiddaw range.
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- Second floor: Family bedroom with a double and single bed.
- Games room with pool table, football table and a selection of games.
- All oil, electric and bed linen included.
- Sorry no cot or highchair however you are welcome to hire them from Lakes Cottage Holidays.
- Private driveway with ample parking.
- Delightful enclosed garden to front of the property.
- Elevated patio garden to the side with garden furniture (seasonal), where you can relax whilst taking in the views of the beautiful countryside.
- Wi-Fi available.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
Spent a wonderful week celebrating my 40th birthday with family and friends. A perfect property to do so and in such wonderful part of the world. Recommend local walks, The Gallery, Casa Bella and the Square Orange.
Fabulous property, great place to relax. Area perfect for walks and places to eat. Family loved it all and hope to return someday.
Great place for a friends get together, all you need in a house.
What a fantastic week! Great house, great weather and great company. A lot of fun and the children loved it! Thank you!!!
Again, a lovely weeks holiday. Good accommodation and base to work from. Thanks for everything.
David & Jane Langford
Lovely house, fantastic views, great walks. Easter weekend weather super, best for a decade. Lots of newborn lambs int he field opposite, WONDERFUL WEEK!!!
Amazing house great time!!!
The Harts & Friends
Great place, great house, great company.
The Johnsons & extended family
We had a fantastic time in Keswick. Participating in the Keswick Convention and walking around the town. Weather was ‘usual' … House was fantastic, loved the kitchen and the first floor lounge. Thanks for a great stay…
Alex, Helen, Isaac, Samuel, Ian and Tim
Wonderful location and spectacular views alone would make this house special but we have enjoyed the spacious, clean and comfortable accommodation and extremely well-equipped kitchen. We look forward to having more time to explore on our next visit.