In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
A beautiful Victorian Villa re-invented to a very high standard as a holiday home for the 21st century with original features from the 1880's which have been cleverly blended with a modern twist to provide all the comforts of a modern family home mixed with vintage character.
Invermay is a fully restored Victorian Villa located on the A93 Royal Deeside tourist route which runs from Perth in the south and to Aberdeen in the north. There are historic castles and palaces in abundance in the area with Scone Palace (20 minutes away) and Glamis virtually on the doorstep, and others about an hour away, such as Blair Castle, Braemar Castle, Balmoral Castle, Menzies Castle near Aberfeldy, and Falkland Palace in Fife. Braemar is only 55 minutes to the north after passing through the Glenshee ski resort (40 minutes away) which in winter offers the most extensive ski area in Scotland. There is also the very popular Cateran Trail for moderate walkers which starts in Blairgowrie and is a 64 mile circular trip via Bridge of Cally, Kirkmichael, Spittal of Glenshee, Glenisla and Alyth, plus there is the local Ardblair Trail for less strenuous types. Invermay is only five minutes drive from the championship golf courses of Rosemount and Lansdowne at Blairgowrie Golf Club where the Junior Ryder Cup was held in September 2014. Fishermen need look no further than the beautiful River Ericht and River Isla, Butterstone Loch (15 minutes away) and other lochs such as Clunie for trout fishing and the River Tay, Britain’s longest river, for salmon.
The owner's former family home has been re-invented to a very high standard as a holiday home for the 21st century. The original features from the 1880s have been cleverly blended with a modern twist to provide all the comforts of a modern family home mixed with vintage character. Three comfortable bedrooms with double bedroom on the ground floor, and to the first floor there are two twin bedrooms.
The property is gas central heated and comprises:
- Large fully equipped kitchen with Aga, ceramic induction hob and electric double oven, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and TV with freeview.
- It leads through to the sunny dining room with views over the garden perfect for long family meals and under floor heating.
- The lounge has a wood burning stove, flat screen TV with freeview and electric Roland piano which can play 21 tunes in the background.
- Utility with washing machine and sink.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, separate shower cubicle with shower seat, hand basin and WC.
- Large double bedroom with bay window.
- First floor: Two twin bedrooms.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- Shower room with WC and hand basin.
- All gas, electric, bed linen, towels, toweling robes and slippers provided.
- All organic soaps, bubble bath, hand creams, shampoos etc from the Highland Soap Company are included during the stay.
- Cot, highchair and Wi-Fi available.
- Ample parking.
- Garden with barbeque area and garden furniture. Double glazed conservatory.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 1 dogs is welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.