In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Loch view
- Wood burning stove
An ideal get away retreat full of character and comfortable furnished with wood burning stove for cosy nights in after a busy day exploring the local countryside with private tennis court and walks on your doorstep down to the sea and panoramic views over Loch Fyne.
The Cowal Peninsula is an ideal holiday location, renowned for its beautiful rugged coastline, hills and lochs as well as its historic sites. Friendly people and lots of exciting activities including sailing, golfing, fishing, walking, cycling and sightseeing to make your visit to this corner of Argyll a memorable one. The properties are centrally and conveniently placed to explore the islands, and only two hours drive from Glasgow.
Acharossan Holiday Cottages offer high quality all year round self catering accommodation, located near Loch Fyne and the Kyles of Bute, Argyll, on the west coast of Scotland. Acharossan House, Lilybank, Inveryne Cottage and Craigard Cottage each have their own individual character and size with tasteful decor and style, providing comfort and the ideal base to unwind and explore. The cottages can be let individually or combined depending upon your size of party. Time spent here is perfect for family holidays, friends spending time together, romantic retreats and lovers of the open country life. Acharossan, a former lodge on the drove road from Kilfinan to Tighnabruaich stands in its own farmland with views towards Kintyre over Loch Fyne. Lilybank, named for the wild daffodils in spring, has stood in its unique setting for 200 years. Inveryne Cottage has panoramic views over Loch Fyne and the setting sun. Craigard Cottage in Tighnabruaich has beautiful views of the Isles of Bute and Arran. There is wonderful fresh local produce that is available to try including delicious game and venison sourced locally, along with shellfish, salmon and halibut, local artisan cheese, meats and Loch Fyne Ales.
Situated on top of a hill amongst farm land, this cottage with its breath taking views has been carefully restored from a traditional croft to a well equipped holiday home for up to four people whilst retaining the original character including the deep combed ceilings and traditional dormer windows. Enjoy the freedom and fresh air out on many of the walks available from the doorstep, either down to the sea or up the hill. It is the ideal get away retreat for couples or small families and only a short drive to the nearby villages, pubs and restaurants.
The gas central heated accommodation comprises:
- Open living and dining area comfortably furnished with a wood burning stove that keeps the place cosy, TV with free view and DVD player.
- Spacious and light conservatory off the living room perfectly frames the panoramic views and glorious sunsets across Loch Fyne to Kintyre peninsula and beyond.
- Kitchen with double electric oven, gas hob, washing machine, dryer, microwave/grill, fridge, freezer and dishwasher, radio with CD player.
- Bathroom with WC, wash hand basin and bath with shower above.
- To the first floor: Double bedroom.
- Twin room perfect for families with younger children.
- The private garden is safe and ideal for children to play and explore or make use of the private tennis court down the lane.
- Ample driveway parking.
- All heating, electricity, gas, logs, bed linen and towels provided.
- Travel cot and high chair available to hire.
- Two dogs welcome.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.