In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Secure Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Open fire
- Budget cottage
Fine views and a welcoming atmosphere await you at Jocks Cottage with everything that you need for a fun filled family holiday in the Scottish Borders town of Kelso. Set on a working farm, the cottage has a cosy open fire for winter nights and gardens to enjoy in the summer months.
Situated six miles from the lovely Scottish Border market town of Kelso where the rivers Tweed and Teviot meet. It has a cobbled town square and streets and an array of stunning Georgian buildings as well as shops and restaurants to enjoy. Sir Walter Scott called Kelso “the most beautiful, if not the most romantic village in Scotland.” Kelso Racecourse is another popular attraction close by. There is a wealth of outdoor sports available nearby, including walking, shooting, golf as well as the opportunity to try your hand at salmon fishing down at the River Tweed. Not far from the cottage are Floors Castle and Kelso Abbey, both designed by the architect William Adam. Adam and his son also designed the prestigious Mellerstain House, which is home to the 13th Duke of Haddington.
Jocks Cottage is located on a working farm, along with Craggs Cottage, on the estate of Mellerstain House and is surrounded by stunning countryside providing a perfect hideaway for all your family.
The accommodation is central heated and comprises:
- Homely dining kitchen with electric hob, oven, microwave oven, washer dryer, fridge freezer and CD player.
- The lounge has an open fire for you to snuggle up in front of, TV with Sky, a DVD and VCR player, plus a selection of books, games and jigsaws to enjoy.
- First floor: Family bedroom with double bed and and a single bed.
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with shower over the bath, hand basin and WC.
- Enclosed garden with lawn and garden furniture.
- Ample private parking.
- Cot and highchair available upon request.
- All electric, gas and bed linen and towels provided.
- PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. 2 Dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per week per dog. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.