In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
This characterful cottage with a ground floor bedroom and bathroom will appeal to couples, families and those who have difficulty with stairs. Positioned in an elevated position to take in the South Tyne Valley views and in an area of peace and tranquillity for those looking for a relaxing away from it all holiday yet within 1 mile of Garrigill with shop and pub. The cottage is located in an area known as ' The Roof of England'.
Garrigill is in an elevated location 4 miles south of Alston, England's highest market town with cobbled streets, shops, restaurants and bars. The Eden Valley and South Tyne Valley, both with quiet country roads, are ideal for those wanting to explore on bike and the C2C cycle route is close by. There are many walks from the doorstep and the waterfall at Ashgill is a must to visit and only two miles from the cottage. Killhope and Nenthead Mines, along with artist’s studios, the South Tynedale Railway and golf course are close by just waiting to be explored and The Lake District, Hadrian’s Wall, the Pennines, historic city of Carlisle and Newcastle are all within driving distance.
Peace, quiet and solitude are in abundance at this most characterful three bedroom, three bathroom cottage which benefits from superb views to the nearby South Tyne Valley. The cottage is located in a small, quaint, rural hamlet which allows visitors to enjoy seclusion yet within easy reach of Garrigill (1 mile) with a small general store/post office, pub serving food and real ales and a private swimming pool. The cottage has been carefully planned by the owners, who live next door, to cater for your every need with many thoughtful touches that are sure to be well received by couples or family groups.
The mid terrace of three cottages is heated by a ground source heat pump and a cosy wood burning stove and comprises:
- Open plan lounge/kitchen with sitting area around the wood burning stove, TV with satellite, dining table beside the patio doors and full height windows to take advantage of the views over the garden down the South Tyne Valley.
- Kitchen with range cooker with gas hobs and electric ovens, fridge/freezer, washing machine and dishwasher.
- Boot room with electric airer and tumble dryer.
- Double bedroom with can be converted into twin beds (please advise at time of booking).
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Twin bedroom with adjacent shower room with WC and hand basin.
- Characterful double bedroom with en suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric, bed linen and towels provided.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking for 3 cars.
- Patio garden with seating, BBQ, log and bike store.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per week per dog. Cancellation Protection available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.