In a Nutshell
- Four bathrooms
- Secure Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
Knott View Barn is a lovingly refurbished barn conversion with a wealth of original features including original beams and exposed stone work. With 7 spacious bedrooms set over three floors, the property boasts a children's play room with pool table and outdoor play area.
Knott View Barn has a superb view over the adjoining field to Farleton Fell and is in an area of open, undulating countryside with walking and cycling opportunities from the door. An ideal base to explore not only the Lakes and the Yorkshire Dales but with easy access to the M6 motorway (2 miles). The Scottish Borders and Hadrian’s Wall are within an hours drive. Farleton is a rural hamlet 6 miles west of the market town of Kirkby Lonsdale within a half hour drive of Windermere and the Dales.
This three storey barn conversion has been lovingly refurbished, retaining a wealth of features to provide spacious accommodation that can be enjoyed by large family groups at any time of the year. The accommodation is laid out over three floors, is furnished in antique pine with an abundance of old oak beams and exposed stonework to provide accommodation with character. The barn is well equipped to provide for your every need and includes a welcome pack from the owners who live in the former farmhouse next door. The property is extremely child friendly with a games room and children’s snug room together with an outdoor play area within a safe, enclosed garden.
Knott View Barn is centrally heated and comprises:
- Games room equipped with a full size pool table, children’s football table, activity table for the younger children and a large “Connect 4”.
- Utility/drying room equipped with washing machine and tumble dryer and ample drying space for the occasional rainy day!!
- Double bedroom with King size bed and en-suite bathroom with walk in shower and body jets, hand basin and WC.
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with bath, hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Lounge with flat screen TV, Freeview and DVD player, piano, welcoming wood burning stove and view to Farleton Fell.
- Snug, an ideal children’s room
- Lounge with flat screen TV, DVD player, Freeview, Play Station 2 and selection of games.
- A spacious dining/kitchen with an abundance of beams and exposed stone work,
- Two separate dining areas, one with views to the fells.
- The kitchen is well equipped with large “American style” fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave and electric range cooker with double oven.
- Cloakroom with WC and hand basin.
- Second floor: Double bedroom with King size bed and en-suite bathroom with free standing roll top bath, hand basin and WC.
- Double bedroom
- Two single bedrooms sharing the spacious shower room with under floor heating, walk in shower with body jets, hand basin and WC.
- Single bedroom with en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric, bed linen and towels included.
- Highchair, stair gate and baby bath provided.
- The property has superb views from the enclosed garden with a quality wooden play area including swings, slide, climbing net and sand pit, all laid on safety cushioned chipped bark.
- Adjacent to the property is a patio with garden furniture and barbeque, further lawned area and substantial private parking.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation.
To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
I am just writting to say a huge thankyou for our recent visit to your House (knott view Barn) on the weekend of the 24th June - 26th Junefor my sister-in-law's hen party. Very often we are quick to complain if something wasn't right, and not so quick to commend. Everything was absolutely perfect, from the wat we were greeted with a lovely welcome basket and note on the blackboard to everything in the house being top quality and in excellent condition. I particularly loved the fact that you had thought of everything we would need for our visit from dishwasher tablets to salt and pepper - small details make all the difference! You made our visit easy, comfortable, and wanting us to recommend it to everyone we know!Thank you and well done for your excellent service, it is few and far between these days!We will be back!
My family and I, 7 adults and 4 children stayed at Knott's View in the summer and we were bowled over by how well-equipped, modern, quiet and secluded, yet accessible to the Lake District, it was. The property was large enough for everyone, with 2 dining areas and a large lounge, children's room, which was ideal and where they played for hours, as well as the well-equipped children's furniture in the garden. It even had a games room in the basement which the boys loved. The downstairs bedroom had an unexpected visitor at the bedroom window every morning, the horse from next door. The owners, on the farm next door, were very friendly and helpful and the lovely welcome basket on arrival was very generous and welcomed. It was handy having a utility room and entrance where we could come in with wet boots. I would recommend this property to any large party, it has a wow factor.