In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Open fire
Ladstock Hall is a stunning, luxury Lake District cottage, with a home from home feel, standing in its own grounds with original features including open fires, leaded windows and oak panelling. A group of friends will appreciate the attention to detail with this luxury property and the close proximity of Keswick with shops, bars, restaurants and attractions ensures there is plenty to do when you tire of soaking up the scenery in the garden.
We are delighted to add Ladstock Hall to our range of luxury properties. This Grade II listed building is a fine example of an Arts and Crafts house with many original features including fireplaces, leaded stone mullioned windows and oak panelling.
The Hall dates back to the 18th century but was extended in its current style in 1902. It is the major part of the development and has a private, elevated position standing in its own extensive grounds. Situated at the foot of Whinlatter Forest, the Hall commands superb views over nearby Bassenthwaite Lake to the Skiddaw range towering above. Situated just off the A66 with easy access to Keswick 3 miles, Cockermouth 7 miles and Penrith 21 miles.
From the moment you approach up the sweeping driveway you will be impressed with this magnificent house and its setting. Heated with oil central heating it comprises:
- The studded oak entrance door leads to an imposing panelled dining hall with a copper canopied open fire and an Art Nouveau stained glass window. There is an antique oak dining table seating 10 to enjoy many family and social occasions.
- A magnificent oak panelled staircase with carved vine foliage leads from the hall to the first floor with a half landing study area and views over the extensive garden from the bay window.
- The spacious sitting room has a large bay window providing superb views, there is an impressive carved oak fireplace with open fire, oak panelling and ample comfortable seating, 50" Smart TV and DVD player.
- The breakfast/ kitchen has a large table and seating in the bay window and an arts and crafts fireplace with recessed inglenook seats. The bespoke oak kitchen units with granite worktops house an electric range cooker, an American style fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave and TV.
- Snug/children's sitting room is connected to the kitchen and has views over the garden with comfortable seating, TV and DVD player.
- Cloakroom with a hand basin and WC.
- Utility room has fitted units with sink, washer/dryer, wine cooler and ample storage for boots and outerwear.
- A second staircase with a feature window with original shutters leads to the first floor:
- Two double bedrooms with king size beds and en-suite shower rooms with hand basin and WC, both rooms have large bay windows with fantastic views towards Bassenthwaite Lake and Skiddaw.
- Twin bedroom has zip linked beds, which can be booked as a double upon request and also has wonderful views.
- Fully tiled luxurious Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric, a basket of logs and bed linen included.
- Towels provided from December 2016
- Wi-Fi provided free of charge.
- Two cots and highchairs available to hire.
- Ample private parking.
- Outside extensive garden with large lawned areas, children's play house with a selection of outdoor toys, paved terrace with garden dining furniture, log store and lockable shed for storing mountain bikes etc.
PLEASE NOTE There is a breakage deposit of £200 payable. There is also a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. Cancellation Protection available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Stunning! No other word to describe Ladstock Hall. Had the most wonderful time.
Mr and Mrs Woods
What a find! Somewhere special to celebrate my birthday and it has exceeded my expectations!
A beautiful house in idyllic suroundings. Ladstock Hall is exquisitely equipped and decorated. A real magnet taht will attract us back.
Mr and Mrs Bainbridge
What a fantastic place! We have stayed in the Lakes for the last 10 years amd ladstock Hall is the greatest we have found and we will be back.
We enjoyed two lovely sunny weeks in this beautiful house- it met every expectation. Amazing views. Peaceful environment to relax in the sun , catch up with emails at the desk or read one of the interesting books thoughtfully put in the bookcase. For us it helped to make a very special family occasion very memorable. We'd love to come back. Thank you!
Wow. What a find. You have and amazing beautiful home. Waking up every morning to the views is wonderful. We have enjoyed a fabulous relaxing holiday in this beautiful place, everything we wanted! Thanks for the most memorable holiday. We will come back again. Tell all your friends. Thank you.
Middlemay & Hall
Thank you for a fantastic holiday. The house was stunning and we were made to feel very welcome. The garden and playhouse were well used by our children and parents alike (great garden games in the playhouse). Thank you for a great stay, we hope to be back soon.
The Handle, McLarty & Skeggs Family
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this beautiful house! Very well equipped couldn't ask for more. Would highly recommend and hope to come back again. Stunning views and lovely surroundings. A great find! Thank you very much!
Moratee & Hunter
Ladstock Hall is exactly as described and is well thought out for all members of the family. Large and luxurious, it deserves its 5 star rating. Rooms are decorated beautifully. Well equipped. Views are stunning. Plenty of walks for those who are so inclined. Pretty garden with games provided (boules set, croquet). Peaceful. Feels detached even though part of a small development. High standard of cleanliness. Lots of small, clever touches - a recent book collection, range of Dvds, local leaflets, chess set on table near window, etc. Good WiFi connection in most parts of the house. Nice to be there during very good weather in July 2013 but this house would have plenty to offer at any time of the year no matter what the temperature outside. Hoping to return.
Thank you for the lovely welcome. We have really enjoyed our stay and can understand why you love Ladstock so much.
Mr and Mrs Algo
What an amazing find! Had a fantastic family holiday and there are great walks.
Mr and Mrs Du Pleet
A really super house for a big family gathering. I never thought as a man I could get excited by curtains, but I did. Sitting in the bedroom looking out to skiddaw sums it up with wonderful walks to Derwentwater and Bassenthwaite.
Mr and Mrs Hollamby
Thank you for a really wonderful holiday in the Lake District - we did love Ladstock Hall! Please could you pass on my thanks to the owners, who left us a very sweet card, chocolates and some bubbly to enjoy while we were there. It was a very special time with the family and the accommodation made it all the more so - a very special find.
Lucy du Preez
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.