In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Shared Garden
- Private parking
- Close to a beach
- Lake view
Stylish and luxurious this cottage is perfect for a family holiday close to the Northumbrian Coast. The deluxe cottage is extremely homely and spacious, and the area in which it is situated is absolutely breathtaking - children and adults will fall in love with this unique unusual setting.
This beautiful Cottage is set within the private estate of Middleton Hall. On the same estate the Main Hall and Boat House can also be let. Each special property has access to the 30 acres of woodland, two private lakes filled with Carp (don’t forget your fishing rods!). This unique estate is close to a small traditional Northumbrian town of Belford, here you will find all amenities close to hand. The estate has great access to some very rewarding days out, including Alnwick Castle and Gardens, Holy Island, sandy beaches of the Northumbrian Coast, or shopping in the city’s of Newcastle or Edinburgh – there really is a huge and versatile range of things to do in the area for all ages and tastes. Whether you decide to stay close by or you decide to go out and explore the wider area you will appreciate this idyllic location set within an area of real dramatic and outstanding beauty. The main Hall sleeps up to 20, Lake Cottage sleeps 6, and The Boat House sleeps 2. Each fantastic property can be let individually or as one whole. Perfect for that special occasion, birthday, family reunion, corporate functions or perhaps a wedding. Crisp white linen, fluffy white towels and sophisticated, comfortable bedrooms await your stay. It is steeped in history and adorned in absolute luxury - you really have to see this unusual holiday retreat to believe it.
Lake Cottage is situated within the grounds of Middleton Hall, overlooking one of the two lakes on the private estate.The single storey detached stone-built estate cottage has been lovingly designed and furnished, making it luxuriously light and airy....not for getting the specifically well thought out children’s garden and play area including a sand pit, swings, slide, and a Wendy house. The grounds in which the cottage is situated are absolutely breath taking, it is one of the area’s best kept secrets.
The cottage's accommodation is spread out over the ground floor and comprises:
- Open plan living, dining and kitchen area.
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower room.
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom.
- Large family bathroom includes a shower and bath.
- Fully fitted luxury kitchen with all appliances including electric oven and hob, dishwasher, microwave, fridge, freezer, wine cooler and washer/dryer. Within the living area there is a wood burning stove set in the fireplace.
- Spacious gardens that continue all the way round the property, plus a delightful children's play area with a Wendy House, Sand pit and much more!
- All gas, electricity, bed linen, bath robes, complimentary toiletries and towels are included.
- Access to 30 acres of woodland, and two private lakes (please bring your own fishing rods).
- Luxury welcome hamper awaits you upon arrival.
- Extensive grounds to explore.
- Cot and highchairs available upon request.
- Storage for bikes.
- Logs provided.
- Free WIFI.
- Ample private parking.
- If you are staying here and have any special requirements please email ahead and let us know in advance.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. Cancellation Protection available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.