In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Shared Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Loch view
This semi-detached cottage has a peaceful lakeside setting within walking distance of all local amenities. Gordon Castle Estate has 3 cottages which can be rented individually or together for larger groups and are ideal for a relaxing break at any time of year in the Scottish Highlands or for enjoying some of the sporting activities available.
Gordon Castle Estate is located nine miles east of Elgin and twelve miles west of Keith at the western end of the historic village of Fochabers in the Highlands of Scotland. The Estate offers three holiday cottages and also many local activities and attractions. For instance, the Gordon Castle and Brae Water beats on the River Spey are amongst the most famous for salmon fishing in the world and the Estate also offers shooting and roe deer stalking. There are numerous other attractions and activities close by including many local golf courses and over twenty within a forty mile radius. In the heart of malt whisky country, many distilleries offer tours and you may also enjoy dolphin watching at Spey Bay, walking along The Speyside Way, riding the Monster Bike Trails, or visiting other attractions such as the Speyside Cooperage, the Landmark Forest Theme Park, numerous castles, Tugnet Ice House, and much more. Not far are the majestic Cairngorms as well as Inverness and Loch Ness.
The Estate is an idyllic retreat away from the stresses of everyday living, relax in the gardens, dine in the Walled Garden cafe where local produce is served whilst watching the children having fun in the play area, explore the garden with its trained fruit trees and rare plants or purchase some summer scents made at the Castle. The three charming cottages located in the grounds of the Estate each provide luxurious family accommodation ideal for a relaxing break or a base for those looking to take part in the sports available.
A delightful and historic cottage adjacent to Gordon Castle with views of the garden and within walking distance of all local amenities.
A charming semi-detached property in a peaceful lakeside setting in a wonderful historic country estate and within walking distance of all local amenities.
The cottage comprises:
- Ground floor: Dining/lounge with TV.
- Large kitchen with gas hob and double oven, dishwasher, microwave, large fridge/freezer, washing machine and condenser dryer.
- Cloakroom with WC and basin.
- First floor: Two twin bedrooms, one of which can be made into a double.
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- Lakeside Cottage can be “expanded” by adding the attached bothy which comprises two more twin bedrooms, a bathroom with roll top bath, WC and basin and a separate shower room with WC. However, the Lakeside dining room / lounge will only fit up to six people.
- All gas, electric, bed linen and towels provided.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Ample private parking.
- A lockable box for full size fishing rods available.
- Shared use of the Estate grounds.
- March to October the changeover day is Sunday, any day the rest of the year.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week.
1 Dog is welcome at £20 per week per dog.
Cancellation Protection available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation.
To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.