In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Lake view
- Wood burning stove
Stunning lakeland scenery surrounds this characterful cottage. Families will enjoy the facilities which include, cosy wood burning stove, sauna and a delightful garden with lake and fell views which is perfect for children to play in whilst the adults in the family relax and unwind in a tranquil setting.
Leethwaite is situated in an enviable location in the quiet and peaceful village of Thornthwaite yet only a short four mile drive into the popular town of Keswick. Keswick is a bustling market town, host to many visitor attractions including a climbing wall, pencil factory museum, art galleries and much, much more. Cockermouth the ‘birth place of William Wordworth’ and the western Lake District are also within easy reach making Thornthwaite a wonderful destination from which to explore the northern and western Lake District.
Leethwaite is a characterful, detached cottage surrounded by spectacular lakeland scenery, Lords Seat and Whinlatter Forest rise majestically to the rear of the property whilst to the front the views of Bassenthwaite Lake, Skiddaw and Latrigg are some of the finest in the area. The cottage is perfect for families wishing to explore. A footpath leads directly from the cottage down to the shores of the lake where you may enjoy relaxing with a picnic whilst the children have endless fun splashing about in the water.
The cottage is gas centrally heated and comprises:
- Open plan living area. Lounge with multi fuel burner, TV and DVD player.
- Steps lead into a breakfast kitchen with electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Sun room with TV and patio doors leading to the patio and garden.
- Dining room.
- Shower room with WC hand basin and sauna.
- First floor: Master bedroom with king size bed.
- Twin bedroom.
- Double bedroom with king size bed, TV and views over the garden to Bassenthwaite Lake and the Skiddaw range.
- Twin bedroom with views to the lake and mountains.
- Bathroom with rain shower over bath hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- Shower room with WC and basin.
- All gas, electric and bed linen included.
- Cot available.
- Ample private parking.
- Outside mature garden with large lawned area and patio.
- Garden shed suitable for storing bikes.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week. Cancellation Protection available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.