In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Loch view
- Open fire
A delightful 18th century croft cottage tastefully furnished and well equipped to a high standard providing comfortable accommodation without losing its cosy country character. Sit back in front of the open log fire and enjoy views to the sea and walks following the river down to the shore.
The Cowal Peninsula is an ideal holiday location, renowned for its beautiful rugged coastline, hills and lochs as well as its historic sites. Friendly people and lots of exciting activities including sailing, golfing, fishing, walking, cycling and sightseeing to make your visit to this corner of Argyll a memorable one. The properties are centrally and conveniently placed to explore the islands, and only two hours drive from Glasgow.
Acharossan Holiday Cottages offer high quality all year round self catering accommodation, located near Loch Fyne and the Kyles of Bute, Argyll, on the west coast of Scotland. Acharossan House, Lilybank, Inveryne Cottage and Craigard Cottage each have their own individual character and size with tasteful decor and style, providing comfort and the ideal base to unwind and explore. The cottages can be let individually or combined depending upon your size of party. Time spent here is perfect for family holidays, friends spending time together, romantic retreats and lovers of the open country life. Acharossan, a former lodge on the drove road from Kilfinan to Tighnabruaich stands in its own farmland with views towards Kintyre over Loch Fyne. Lilybank, named for the wild daffodils in spring, has stood in its unique setting for 200 years. Inveryne Cottage has panoramic views over Loch Fyne and the setting sun. Craigard Cottage in Tighnabruaich has beautiful views of the Isles of Bute and Arran. There is wonderful fresh local produce that is available to try including delicious game and venison sourced locally, along with shellfish, salmon and halibut, local artisan cheese, meats and Loch Fyne Ales.
This sits nestled off the main road in its own secluded location with no other properties in sight and only a short drive to the nearby villages. It is the perfect romantic retreat or base for an active family holiday making it an ideal get away cottage for anyone in search of peace and quiet. This area is rich in bird and wildlife and deer are often seen close to the cottage. Explore and enjoy the many walks which includes following the river at the side of the cottage down to the shore.
The electric central heated accommodation comprises:
- Wooden lined sitting room with views across the garden and to the sea beyond and open log fire in the sitting room, perfect to relax with family and friends after a day of activity, TV with freeview.
- Spacious and bright large conservatory.
- Kitchen with double electric oven, electric cooker, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave/grill, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with WC, wash hand basin and bath with shower attachments.
- Shower room with WC, wash hand basin and separate shower cubicle.
- To the first floor attic room: An attractive bright and spacious attic, accessed via a spiral staircase, can be used to sleep older children who are keen on having their own space with two low base twin beds.
- Garden with terrace made of wooden decking with garden furniture that looks out over the banking to the river which in spring is covered in daffodils.
- Ample driveway parking.
- All heating, electricity, logs, bed linen and towels provided.
- Travel cot and high chair available to hire.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. 2 Dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per week per dog. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.