In a Nutshell
- Five bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
Little Ellers is the perfect choice for a larger group or two families holidaying together. Located in the village of Portinscale with shops and pubs close by and within a short drive of popular Keswick with a wealth of facilities and walking from the door, makes this cottage a popular choice for holidays at any time of year.
A fine example of an 19th century arts and crafts detached residence situated in a central village location on the shores of Derwentwater, only a short walk from the lakeside marinas, village pub and the popular Chalet Restaurant. There are many walks direct from the door. The Whinlatter Park is only a short drive away with a wide variety of woodland paths to amble along, numerous mountain bike tracks to enjoy and ‘Go Ape’ tree top adventure for the more energetic. The popular market town of Keswick is only a 5 minute drive away, offering many recreational and outdoor activities, shops, pubs, restaurants and relaxing parks for all the family to enjoy.
Little Ellers is a holiday home of distinction. It is featured in the "Arts and Crafts Houses in the Lake District" book as a fine example for its architectural design. It has been lovingly restored to an exceptionally high standard with an eye for elegance. All the original fireplaces are preserved. Little Ellers offers modern luxury in a historical home. The perfect place for a unique holiday experience. This substantial country residence is in a relatively secluded position, standing proud in generous mature grounds with large terrace and lawns leading to woodland and a stream beyond.
The cottage is gas centrally heated and comprises:
- Spacious reception hall.
- Timber panelled sitting room with original feature fireplace and dual aspect windows overlooking the delightful gardens, TV, DVD player and video player.
- Lounge/diner with feature fireplace and windows overlooking mature gardens to the rear of the property.
- Formal dining room with feature fireplace.
- Bespoke breakfast/kitchen with central island, Belfast sink, rangemaster cooker with 5 ring gas hob, hot plate and double electric oven, microwave, American style fridge/freezer,dishwasher, heated tiled floor, feature fireplace and dining nook with views of the garden.
- Utility room with heated slate flooring, fitted units, Belfast sink, washing machine, tumble dryer and ample storage for boots and outerwear.
- Cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Master double bedroom with stripped wood flooring king size bed and luxurious en-suite shower room with double walk in shower cubicle with rain shower, hand basin, heated towel rail and WC.
- Dual aspect double bedroom with super king size bed, stripped hard wood flooring, original feature fireplace, TV and fabulous views.
- Double bedroom with king size bed, stripped hard wood flooring and feature arched window and fire place.
- Twin bedroom with stripped hard wood flooring and feature fireplace.
- Fabulous family bathroom with roll top bath, walk in double rain shower cubicle, marble vanity area with his and hers sinks and WC.
- Marble shower room with slate flooring.
- Luxury shower room with stripped wood flooring, double walk in rain shower, hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- Second floor: An enclosed staircase leads to a twin bedroom with original fireplace and features arched window with outstanding view of the valley and garden.
- Modern and luxurious shower room with hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric and bed linen included.
- Free Wi-Fi provided.
- Sorry no cot or highchair available.
- Ample gated private parking for 8 cars.
- Outside extensive garden with large lawned areas and patio with outdoor furniture.
PLEASE NOTE Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.