In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
Mell View Cottage is a characterful Ullswater cottage with the original beams still present and a cosy wood burning stove in the lounge, situated in a rural location. A delightful cottage sleeping four to six people ideal for your family.
The cottage is situated in a rural location one mile from Matterdale, on the coast to coast cycle route, located mid way between Keswick and Penrith, 2 miles north of Lake Ullswater. For those who enjoy an active lifestyle there are Little Mell Fell, Great Mell Fell and Gowbarrow Fell circumscribing the village and numerous watersports are available from nearby Lake Ullswater. Matterdale is in an area of outstanding beauty with magnificent fell views, there is a bar and village shop and the villages of Dockray and Dacre are both within a 5 minute drive with village pubs serving excellent bar meals.
Mell View Cottage has been sympathetically renovated and equipped to a high standard to provide cosy accommodation in a peaceful setting with views over the garden to Great Mell Fell. The original beams are still present and there is a wood burning stove to cosy up to on a cold winters evening.
The cottage is all on one level, has under floor heating throughout and comprises:
- Dining/lounge with colour plasma TV with Freeview, DVD player, hi-fi and sofa bed.
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, washer/dryer and dishwasher.
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All electric, bed linen and towels provided.
- The cottage has a large cottage style garden with patio and furniture, an ideal place to take advantage of the uninterrupted views
- Private parking for 2 cars.
- Please note Mell View is not suitable for guests with animal allergies.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £25 per person per week for the use of the sofa bed.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation.
To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.