In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Open fire
Mill Cottage is a grade II listed Lake District cottage ideally located to enjoy the Lakes with a wealth of traditional features including an Aga and open fire. This is one of our dog friendly cottages in the Lake District.
Exuding an air of peace and tranquillity, Garnett Bridge is a hamlet which is situated at the foot of the beautiful and unspoilt Longsleddale Valley just four miles north of Kendal and 8 miles east of Windermere and all its amenities. As you would expect from such a location there are ample walking and cycling opportunities for the door in and around Longsleddale (also known as ‘Greendale’ to Postman Pat).
This fine grade II listed Lakeland cottage, originally the home of the local miller, oozes charm and character. Mill Cottage, in its historic setting, is the retreat that everyone dreams of, with an abundance of oak beams, flagstone floors, Aga, together with an open fire all help to make this a cosy cottage suitable for a break at any time of year.
The accommodation is electrically heated and comprises:
- Lounge with flagstone floor, beamed ceiling, open fire, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD and payphone.
- A characterful kitchen including Aga, electric hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave and TV.
- Dining room. Dairy/utility with washing machine.
- A winding staircase leads to the first floor:
- Double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom which can be made into a double.
- Twin bedroom, all bedrooms have exposed stained floorboards and beamed ceilings.
- Bathroom with shower over corner bath, hand basin and WC.
- All electric, logs and bed linen included.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Parking for 4 cars on the cobbled yard to the front of the property with seating on the lawn adjacent to the millrace.
- A warm welcome awaits you from the owners who live in the Old Mill nearby.
- Free unlimited Wi-Fi.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week.
3 dogs welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week.
Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation.
To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
Very pleased with this cottage, booked last minute 5 night break and wish we'd had longer. The cottage was superb, beautifully decorated with lots of interesting features. The open fire and Aga were lovely touches. We really couldn't have asked for any better accommodation. Good location for accessing local amentities in Windermere, Ambleside and Kendal. We did a fair bit of walking around the local area. Would happily go back!
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.