In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Secure Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Open fire
Mill Cottage is a characterful Lake District cottage with a coal fire and garden with mill pond and resident ducks. Ideally based to explore the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District, Sedbergh is a pretty market town with shops, pubs and cafes to relax in after your adventures.
Although Sedbergh is in the county of Cumbria, it sits in the Yorkshire Dales National Park, and being just 2 miles from the M6, it is ideally based for those looking to explore The Dales, the Lake District, Cumbria and Lancashire. Nestled at the foot of the Howgill Fells, Sedbergh is a pretty village full of character and historic buildings, the narrow main street is lined with shops, pubs and cafes serving local produce. Kendal is 10 miles east and Windermere is a further 20 to 30 minutes drive.
Mill Cottage is located 3 miles east of Sedbergh and is a characterful, detached, stone cottage in an idyllic rural location, sitting alongside the owners house, overlooking two duck ponds with resident ducks - the children will love it. The cottage provides traditional family accommodation including a cosy beamed sitting room with open fire and garden for lazy days or relaxing in after a day exploring. A warm welcome awaits you from the owners who live next door and they will be pleased to help and advise you to make this a memorable stay.
The oil centrally heated cottage is accessed by steps from the private parking area and comprises:
- Entrance porch with access to the coal store.
- In the hallway you will find local guides and information.
- Beamed dining/sitting room with open fire, TV, DVD player, views to the front and patio doors to the rear garden.
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, dishwasher, fridge, washing machine and microwave.
- First floor: Master double bedroom.
- Children's twin bedroom with additional fold away bed, both with rural aspect.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric, bed linen and logs included.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking.
- Enclosed garden with garden furniture, please note there are areas of open water and steep drops in the area so children and dogs should be supervised at all times.
- Hand drawn maps showing some lovely circular walks from the cottage are available.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per week per dog. Cancellation Protection available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.