In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Budget cottage
This cosy and comfortable family cottage is situated within a quiet and picturesque area of the Eden Valley. Rural views from the cottage, and numerous walking opportunities from the doorstep.
Set in an area of great antiquity, with many historic settlements nearby, Crosby Ravensworth village is 2 miles east of Shap and 5 miles south west of Appleby. The local church of St Lawrence, in its peaceful setting by Dalebanks Beck, has been called a cathedral in miniature and there is even a 7th century cross in the churchyard.
Millbank is a detached stone cottage at the south end of the village, 200 yards from the award-winning community owned local village pub, which was recently bought by the community and serves locally sourced food. Just minutes from the property in the other direction is the unspoilt expanse of Crosby Ravensworth Fell, accessed by a bridleway called ‘Slack Randy’, leading off the road to Orton. The fell still has limestone pavement and the site of a Roman bridge.
Millbank provides light, comfortable ‘upside down’ accommodation, with a bright and spacious living area to the first floor, taking full advantage of the rural outlook.
The oil centrally heated accommodation comprises:
- Double and twin bedrooms with DVD player.
- Bathroom with walk in shower cubicle, bath, hand basin and WC.
- Washing machine next to Combi boiler.
- First floor: Open plan lounge/dining kitchen comfortably furnished with Freeview TV, DVD player and a selection of DVD’s and books.
- Kitchen has electric oven and hob, fridge, microwave and dining area with rural outlook.
- Towels included.
- Cot, highchair and Wi-Fi available.
- Private parking for 2 cars.
- Garden with furniture and BBQ.
1 Dog is welcome at a cost of £20 per week .
Cancellation Protection available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation.
To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.