In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- On street parking
- Leisure club facilities
- Washing machine
- Open fire
- Leisure club facilities
- Budget cottage
Montara Cottage is a cosy Cumbrian cottage with open fire and garden making it ideal for a break away at any time of year. Only 4 miles from Lake Windermere and with views of the Haverthwaite railway, the cottage is ideal for those looking to explore the south lakes.
Backbarrow is a small village close to the southern end of Lake Windermere, only 4 miles away. Located on the banks of the River Leven the village was once a thriving industrial centre for the corn and iron mills back in the Elizabethan period, now the area has a laid back feel and is an ideal base from which to explore the south lakes. The Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway with steam trains can still be seen passing the village. The village has a shop and hotel with bar and restaurant, along with leisure facilities including pool, Jacuzzi and gym which guests of Montara Cottage can enjoy at a reduced rate.
This traditional cottage is located on the fringe of the village, down a quiet country lane, with open views over the fields housing sheep and cows to Barrow Hill. The cottage has a cosy open fire, ideal for cuddling up to on a winters break and the cottage garden is the perfect place to enjoy a lazy summers evening.
The cottage is electric heated and comprises:
- Lounge with beams, open fire, TV, DVD player and a selection of games and books.
- Kitchen with electric cooker, fridge, freezer, washing machine and microwave.
- Shower room with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Master double bedroom with King size bed.
- Twin bedroom from which you can view the passing steam trains.
- All electric, bed linen and an initial supply of coal and logs included.
- Cot available.
- Ample parking outside the cottage.
- Garden area to the front of the property.
- Sorry no children under 12 years old.
- Sorry no smokers or E cigarettes
- Please note towels are not provided at this property.
- Reduced entry to Whitewater Hotel leisure facilities £5 per adult and £3 per child per day.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.