NENT HALL FARMHOUSE, Nenthead, Nr Alston, Eden Valley/Northumberland BorderTel: 017687 74060 / 01539 448 081
This spacious farmhouse is ideally based to enjoy the Lake District, Scottish Borders, Hadrian's Wall and Northumbria. Retaining original features including exposed stone walls and an open fire along with use of the Guest House facilities opposite including bar, restaurant and children's play area makes this an ideal retreat at any time of year.
Nenthead is Englands highest village and was once an industrious mining village, now on the outskirts of the Pennines the area is an ideal holiday retreat for those looking for a peaceful away from it all holiday. Being on the ‘Coast to Coast Cycle Route’ exploring by bike or on foot is the perfect way in which to see the rugged beauty of the area. The Lake District, Hadrian’s Wall, Scottish Borders and Northumbria are all within a short drive.
The cottage is immediately opposite Nent Hall Country House Hotel with traditional public bar located almost mid way between Alston and Nenthead in an area of peace and tranquillity. The property is a cosy, characterful former farmhouse that now provides ‘quirky accommodation’ that will equally be appreciated by families, groups of walkers or cyclists. The cottage has an abundance of traditional beams, exposed stone walls and a welcoming log fire.
Nent Hall Farmhouse is gas centrally heated and comprises:
- Lounge with exposed beams, stone walls and plasma TV.
- Sitting Room with dining table.
- Shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Characterful kitchen with exposed stone walls, electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer and microwave.
- First floor: Family bedroom.
- Second double bedroom with stairs leading to an attic conversion with restricted height providing a second double bedroom.
- There are also two single bedrooms with restricted head height ideally suited for children.
- All gas, bed linen and towels provided.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Ample free private parking.
- Private garden and use of Nent Hall Guest House facilities including bar, restaurant and children’s play area.
Loading availability calendar...
Tel: 017687 74060 / 01539 448 081