In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Open fire
- Budget cottage
Orchard Farm House is a spacious Lakeland farmhouse situated in the quiet village of Eaglesfield near Cockermouth. The farmhouse which sleeps 5 has a cosy open fire, exposed beams and a delightful mature garden to the rear. An ideal base for families wishing to explore the delights of the Solway Coast, northern and western Lake District.
The village of Eaglesfield is situated in rural surroundings close to the beautiful lakes of Loweswater, Buttermere, Crummock and Ennerdale. Ennerdale is one of the most westerly of the lakes and is off the main tourist track making it a truly peaceful and beautiful lake to visit making it suitable for walking and cycling. The market town of Cockermouth is only a short drive away and is famous for its connections with the poet William Wordsworth.
Orchard Farm House is a characterful farm house which has been furnished and equipped to a very good standard, retaining many of the original features including exposed beams and stonework. The cottage has a delightful terrace garden to the rear with patio area and raised lawned garden with mature borders.
The gas centrally heated cottage comprises:
- Open plan lounge/diner, lounge area with multi-fuel coal burner, TV and DVD player.
- Dining area with gas fire.
- Kitchen/diner with range style electric oven with gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Ground floor shower room with shower cubicle WC and hand basin.
- First floor: Double bedroom with en suite shower room. WC and basin.
- Twin bedroom.
- Single bedroom.
- Large spacious bathroom with bath, WC and basin.
- All gas, electric, towels and bed linen included.
- Private parking for 2 cars.
- Outside patio area with picnic table and raised lawn area.
- (Please note that due to the design of the garden small children must be supervised at all times.)
- Cot and highchair available.
- An initial supply of fuel
2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week.
There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week.
Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.