In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Hot tub
- New cottage
- Pub within walking distance
Otters Holt is a stunning home from home, perfect for all year round holidays with summer house and HOT TUB for warmer days and wood burning stove for snuggling in front of on colder evenings. With views of the River Eden, walks along the banks can be enjoyed from the door.
Located at the foot of the bridge of the A69 (Carlisle to Newcastle road) over the River Eden mid way between Wetheral and Warwick on Eden with views over the river. The cottage is perfectly located to enjoy river walks straight from the door, or the quieter country lanes of the Eden Valley are perfect for cyclists. Wetheral and Warwick on Eden have village pubs serving traditional food, village shop and a leisure club. Hadrian’s Wall and Lanercost Priory are close by along with historic Carlisle with a wealth of shops, pubs, cinema and attractions.
Sitting on the banks of the River Eden, renowned for its exclusive salmon fishing, sits this superb newly refurbished cottage that has been tastefully furnished to cater for family holidays at any time of the year with 2 cosy wood burning stoves. Otters Holt is equally attractive in the summer where guests will enjoy the "cottage style garden" with seating area around the "fire pit", additional screened hot tub with adjacent summer house providing changing room facilities. Day rod licences are available from the neighbouring estate for the seasonal fishing of Salmon, Brown Trout and Grayling on the River Eden and there are 3 golf courses within 5 miles of Otters Holt who all welcome visitors.
The cottage is located next door to Edenbank Cottage which can be rented together to accommodate larger groups of up to 14 people.
View video of Otters Holt here https://youtu.be/PTCDhA9eJpk
The gas centrally heated accommodation comprises:
- Cosy lounge with wood burning stove, centre beamed ceiling, seating and Sky TV.
- Breakfast kitchen with wood burning stove, dishwasher, electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer and microwave.
- Utility/cloakroom with washing machine, tumble dryer, shower and WC.
- Bedroom suite consisting of ground floor sitting area with patio doors to garden.
- Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- A private staircase leads to a double bedroom with king size bed and velux window that opens out into a dormer style balcony providing views to the River Eden.
- Main staircase leading to two bedrooms, both with coordinated quality bed linens and fabrics.
- Double bedroom with king size bed and en-suite bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- Twin bedroom with zip link beds to form a super king size bed (please advise at the time of booking) and en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric, bed linen and towels included.
- Wi-Fi included.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking for 3 cars.
- Private garden with seating around the fire pit, lawned area, screened hot tub, further seating area and summer house.
- Also included is free Leisure Club membership for the duration of your stay, enjoy the swimming pool with relaxation area, gym, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. Exercise classes and beauty treatments also available.
PLEASE NOTE The hot tub is charged at a supplement of £100 and there is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire the cot and highchair per week.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.