In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Open fire
- Budget cottage
This ideal family cottage is located on a working farm and is a great way to introduce the family to farming life, explore the farm, meet the lambs, watch the birds and other wildlife by one of the many ponds or simply relax in the open countryside. Located only a few miles from Jedburgh with shops, bars and restaurants for the days you want a change of scene.
Jedburgh is the historic gateway to Scotland and is only 10 miles from the border of England, located in the south eastern corner. The magnificent 12th century Augustinian Abbey dominates the town and there are a numerous restaurants and cafes where you can enjoy morning coffee, lunch or afternoon tea. Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland, and the English cities of Carlisle and Newcastle are all within an hours drive where shops, theatres and fine dining can all be enjoyed.
The cottages (Owl Cottage and Wild Rose Cottage) are located on a working farm which consists of 1100 acres and home to 2000 sheep. Nestled below The Cheviots just south of Jedburgh, the cottages are in an area of peace and tranquillity surrounded by rolling countryside, part of the farm is in a conservation scheme to encourage ground nestling birds, explore on foot and meander up to one of the many ponds to watch the local wildlife including buzzards, deer and badgers or walk one of the farm trails.
Owl Cottage has a wood burning fire, is furnished and equipped to a high standard with oil central heating and comprises:
- Lounge with wood burning fire, TV, DVD, video, CD players and a selection for books, games, videos and DVD’s.
- Dining/kitchen/breakfast room with electric cooker, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and microwave.
- Utility/games room with washing machine, tumble dryer and tabletop football and snooker table.
- Shower room with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Double bedroom.
- Second double bedroom with king size bed which has zip link beds which can convert to twin beds (please advise at the time of booking).
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with separate shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric, logs, bed linen and towels included.
- Cot, highchair and Wi-Fi available.
- Ample private parking.
- Gardens with garden furniture, BBQ and shed for storing bikes etc.
- A welcome tray including home made cakes on arrival.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.