In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
- Budget cottage
Puddle Duck Cottage is located close to Coniston Water and Windermere, ideally situated to explore the Southern Lake District. The cosy multi fuel log burning stove is ideal for winter evenings the cottage also has a country garden with fell views perfect for al-fresco dining.
Situated between Coniston Water and the coast is the hamlet of Spark Bridge, a cluster of traditional Lakeland cottages in a beautiful rural setting. Spark Bridge is within 3 miles of Newby Bridge at the southern tip of Lake Windermere and 2 miles from Coniston Water. It is an ideal location to visit the south and western Lakes. Grizedale Forest can be seen in the distance where you can enjoy a wealth of outdoor activities. Close by is Haverthwaite Steam Railway, Aquarium, and the villages of Windermere and Coniston. Near Sawrey is only 20 minutes’ drive this is where Beatrix Potter wrote Jemima Puddle Duck.
Puddle Duck Cottage is in a row of cottages which provides contemporary, family accommodation where you can enjoy cosy nights in front of the log burner or dine alfresco and take in the stunning views to the fells which can be admired from all aspects of the house and garden. The cottage is within a stone’s throw of the village pub, ideal for unwinding after a long day on the fells.
The accommodation which has oil central heating comprises:
- Spacious lounge/dining area with multi fuel log burning stove, TV, freeview and DVD player.
- Kitchen with electric cooker and hob, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, Nespresso machine, washing machine and microwave.
- Shower room with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Master double bedroom with fitted wardrobes and pleasant view to the fells.
- Bathroom with hand basin and WC.
- Second floor: Two twin bedrooms, one with built in wardrobes both with views to the fells.
- All electric, bed linen, towels and initial supply of logs provided.
- Wi-Fi included.
- Cot and booster highchair available.
- Off street parking nearby.
- There is a garden to the rear of the property with garden furniture and decking with views to the surrounding fells.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 1 dog is welcome at a cost of £20 per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.