In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Balcony or Terrace
- On street parking
- Washing machine
- Budget cottage
This former saddlers workshop dates back 200 years and provides cosy accommodation for two set over three floors. With easy access to the southern Lakes and Yorkshire Dales, and ideally located in the centre of the characterful village of Sedbergh, the cottage is sure to appeal to couples looking for a retreat away from the madding crowds.
Readers Cottage is a 200 year old, stone built, former saddlers workshop situated in the centre of Sedbergh. A perfect base for getaways or fantastic outdoor pursuits, Sedbergh is England’s Book Town with quaint bookshops in which to browse. The village nestles in the Howgills, an area superb for walkers, mountain bikers and road bikers, or just for relaxing in breathtaking countryside.
The Howgills are unspoilt, even during peak season you may walk miles without encountering the hoards of walkers typical of other destinations. For golfers there are 6 courses within 15 miles, including one at Sedbergh itself. Excellent pubs serve traditional food and there are restaurants, cafes and shops for all your provisions. Exploration of the southern Lake District and the heart of the Yorkshire Dales is a short drive away.
The cottage is gas centrally heated and comprises:
- Kitchen/diner with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and washing machine.
- First floor: Lounge with electric stove, LCD TV and DVD/CD player.
- Second floor: Double bedroom with King size Laura Ashley bed.
- Shower room with hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric, bed linen and towels provided.
- Parking permit for the village car park a minute’s walk from the cottage.
- On street parking outside the cottage.
- Outside is a small courtyard area ideal for sitting out in summer.
Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.