In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Hot tub
Red Stables with a private HOT TUB is ideal for a relaxing holiday at any time of year. The cottage has green credentials, ground floor bedroom and wet room, ideal for those who have difficulties with stairs and is ideally located for those who wish to explore the whole of Cumbria, including the Northern Lake District, Solway Coast and Hadrian's Wall.
Aikton is 8 miles south west of the historic city of Carlisle, conveniently located for walks in the Lake District, along the beautiful and remote coastline of the Solway Firth and for Hadrian’s Wall. Watchtree Nature Reserve is two miles away with native birds and animals including the red squirrel and bats can be spotted. In the surrounding villages and market town of Wigton, a short drive away, there are shops and pubs and Carlisle has a wealth of amenities to cater for all the families holiday needs whatever the weather.
Red Stables, located on a farm, is a beautiful conversion of two old buildings dating from 1917, The design is contemporary, yet the original beams remain in the open plan kitchen/living room with every effort having been made to retain the original character of the building. There are views across to the Lakeland fells which can be enjoyed from the garden. The cottage has green credentials, with under floor heating throughout the tiled ground floor, sourced from the farm’s biomass boiler which also provides hot water. Insulated to the highest standards, the cottage will be as snug and comfortable on a winter break as on a summer holiday.
The cottage is centrally heated and comprises:
- Large living room/kitchen with TV/DVD player and patio doors which give access to the patio with HOT TUB.
- Kitchen with electric cooker, microwave, fridge and dishwasher.
- The smaller bedroom has twin beds which can be zipped together to create a double (please state at the time of booking).
- Wet room with shower, hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Spacious master bedroom which has a king size bed.
- All gas, electric, bed linen and towels provided.
- Electric charging point available for electric car.
- Complimentary use of a cot, highchair and BBQ on request.
- Ample private parking.
- There is a private patio area leading to the hot tub (supplement payable) and shared use of the large orchard.
- Free Wi-Fi available
PLEASE NOTE There is a £100 supplement for the use of the Hot Tub.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
I stayed at the Red stables for a week and we did not want to go home. The place is so quiet and peaceful. The converted stable has been beautifully designed with gorgeous bedding and rugs, and with every amenity you possibly need for a self catering rental. Beautiful touches with lighting outside and on the inside with remote lighting. We loved the under floor heating ! Which is great when coming in from the Amazing Hot TUB. We feel like we got such luxury for our money. We will be returning next year for sure !!! Do not hesitate to book!