In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
River View Cottage is a delightful cottage nestled on the banks of the River Mint with many traditional features including beams and a wood burning stove. The property is ideal for families looking for a base to enjoy a relaxing holiday at any time of year.
Patton Mill sits on the banks of the River Mint four miles north of Kendal in an area of peace and tranquillity. The historic market town of Kendal has numerous shops, bars and restaurants along with facilities to entertain the family including cinema, The Abbot Hall Art Gallery the Museum of Lakeland Life and the Kendal Museum. Perched on a hill the stone ruins of Kendal Castle offer views over the town and within a short drive Sizergh Castle and Levens Hall can be explored. With easy access to the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and Morecambe Bay this is an ideal base for those looking to explore the area. The cottage is close to the Dalesway trans Pennine walk.
Perched on the banks of the River Mint with 500 yards of fishing rights (please bring your own licence) stands this spacious well appointed ground floor cottage with an abundance of exposed beams and a cosy wood burning stove. The cottage has an eclectic mix of furniture blending in a Mediterranean feel with local craftsmanship to provide superb accommodation and with a woodland back drop you can’t fail to admire the wildlife and birds visiting the river, or relax in the courtyard with strategically placed seating, whatever you choose you will appreciate the relaxing ambience at any time of the year.
River View Cottage has gas central heating throughout and comprises:
- Open plan lounge/dining area, split over two levels with superb exposed cruick beams, sumptuous leather sofas around the wood burning stove housed in a feature Inglenook fireplace, TV and DVD player.
- The dining area has access to the balcony with furniture overlooking the river and garden.
- Separate study area with desk.
- Breakfast kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Lavish master bedroom with super king size bed, exposed beams and TV.
- Twin bedroom.
- Single bedroom with river view.
- Bathroom with separate shower, hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric, bed linen and towels included.
- A cot can be hired at a charge of £15 per week.
- Private parking for 4 cars.
- Courtyard garden with furniture and stream running through, main garden with mill race and waterfall with decking overlooking the river.
- Although the property is on the ground floor at the rear, the front is accessed by 15 steps and may therefore not be suitable for some people.
- Please note the garden is located right on the river bank and there is a stream running through the garden, children are to be supervised at all times.
- Please note you will need to bring you own logs etc. There is not an initial supply provided.
There is a charge of £15 to hire a cot per week.
Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
13/8/2016- 17/8/2016- "We could not believe how beautiful the cottage was when we arrived at River View Cottage, a home away form home. We can tell how loved this property must be by its owner, and if it was in our price range.. we would want to buy it! We will definitely be back".
The property, well was stunning to be honest, Patton Mill has a nice feel about it, the stay was fantastic, nice remote location even went for a long walk in the fields at the back of the garden, we loved it. We were actually trying to put the money together to see if we can buy it we loved it that much. Sat nav was no problem took us straight there. We didn't want to leave, I wished we could have booked it for longer, but maybe another time. Thanks for the stay was lovely, hopefully one day in the future we'll get to return and thanks for the booking the house wifi, sky tv, heating and water and info pack, everything was great
The Burns Family
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.