In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Private Garden
- On street parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
Rose Cottage is an ideal base for a family or couples wishing to explore the varied and beautiful landscapes of the southern Lake District and north Lancashire and Yorkshire. With cosy stoves and a courtyard garden the cottage provides the perfect retreat at any time of year.
Arnside is a Victorian coastal village in the delightful but little known Arnside and Silverdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It is close to the Lake District but tends to be warmer, drier and sunnier. The cottage is a few minutes' walk from the promenade, which is lined with pubs, cafes and shops and has lovely views across the estuary to the Lake District and the Howgill Fells. There are walks from the door and attractions close by, including Leighton Moss RSPB Reserve. The Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales are both easily accessible via scenic drives, as are the lesser known beautiful areas such as the Forest of Bowland and the North Pennines.
Rose Cottage has been recently created by linking a traditional stone and slate cottage with its adjoining stables. It is comfortable, practical and flexible. The downstairs living space can be open plan or divided, as desired, and the bedrooms can accommodate an extended family but also provide private space for 2 or more couples.
The accommodation has under floor heating downstairs and radiators upstairs and comprises:
- Family room in the old cottage, with a stone floor, wood burning stove, fireside chairs, dining table seating 6 and stairs to the double and bunk bedrooms.
- Archway to the light and airy kitchen with a large range cooker, induction hob, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, built in breakfast table separating the kitchen and sitting room and stable door to the garden.
- Sitting room in the old stables with wooden floor, seating for 6, gas stove, large TV and DVD player with a selection of books, DVD's and games, French doors to the courtyard garden, door to master bedroom and stairs to loft bedroom.
- Utility room with a separate WC, hand basin, washer/dryer, large sink, freezer, coat and boot space, drying rails and a door to the garden.
- Master double bedroom with super king size bed (which can be made into twins on request), views over the courtyard garden, dressing room and en-suite bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Double bedroom in the loft with king size bed, sitting area and en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Small seating area on landing outside loft bedroom.
- Double bedroom.
- Bunk bedroom suitable for children.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric, logs, bed linen and towels included.
- Cot and highchair available.
- On street parking.
- Outside, there is a charming, secure courtyard garden with a table and chairs for 6 and access to the side gate to the street.
- There is also access to a larger garden with more seats and views to the estuary.
- There is a pub and supermarket within a few minutes' walk.
- £100 refundable breakage deposit payable.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
Guests Comments from 2015
Really pleasantly and tastefully furnished to a high standard, and very well equipped. A good selection of books and magazines. Lovely comfortable beds. Must be one of the best cottages we have stayed in. Beautiful wild flower beds. We enjoy the peaceful countryside.
Michael G & Family
The cottage is absolutely wonderful. We will recommend this cottage to our friends and relatives, and we will return at the first opportunity. Everything is truly wonderful.
Mrs S, from Edinburgh
Liked The layout, great location and lovely garden. Lovely scenery and good pubs. Close to the Lake District. We love your house, thank you!
Ms L & Family
Enjoyed, Cleanliness, great décor, space, facilities, nice touches, garden, light, great kitchen, wifi, TV etc
Bernard K & Family, from Ireland
Lovely large garden – good for British Bulldogs (Ed and Sophie – aged 8 and 5); Beautifully decorated - especially the pictures. Record player was a BIG HIT with the youngest generation. Overall, we all felt this is one of the best and well-equipped cottages we have stayed in. Ed and Sophie really enjoyed picking strawberries (big and juicy) at Milnthorpe. We all enjoyed watching the water come in from the sea at Arnside.
Jenny W & Family, from Derbyshire
Loved the cottage. The layout is fantastic; quality of décor beautiful, and it is so well stocked. Bedrooms are amazing! Enjoyed being on the coast as well as so close to Lakes. Quieter than staying around Windermere but lots of amenities. Best of both worlds
Emma S and friends, from London (came for Great North Swim, June 2015)
The cottage is in a great position to access the Lakes area. It has everything you could need (perfectly equipped)...It is an amazing cottage, beautifully done. The area is new to us, great for an after dinner walk, has everything you need on your doorstep. Had a great week in Arnside. The house was fabulous, so many lovely features...We will definitely be back, and tell all our friends and family about this wonderful cottage and garden.
The Sutton Family
It is immaculate and furnished with anything we could have wanted. Having wifi was a lovely touch..We would love to stay again...Beautiful scenery, love the prom and the lovely friendly people.
Mrs S Cunningham
Well what can we say - what a fantastic cottage! ...We especially liked the underfloor heating and high quality finish and decor. The ktichen was very well equipped and we were short of nothing. All the other rooms also had nice touches ...The garden was superb. Thank you for everything. We hope to return.
Cedolin and Hall families, Shrewsbury
The cottage is beautifully decorated and furnished so it's a lovely place to spend tme at the end of the day. We loved the underfloor heating and fires. The kitchen is the most well equipped of any self catering place we have stayed.
The cottage was very welcoming. The cottage itself is wonderful and we've loved staying here. We have stayed in quite a lot and this is done to a very high standard. The kitchen, family room and lounge are a perfect layout for our family, and we would definitely book again. Also, the garden is an added bonus and we would love this in the summer.
Mrs L, North Wales
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.