In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- No Garden
- Parking permit available
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
Situated only a stones throw away from the centre of Grasmere, Rowan Cottage has been tastefully furnished, sleeping six it is ideal for large families who are looking for a stylish retreat in the heart of the lakes.
Grasmere is internationally acclaimed not only for its Wordsworth connections but also as it sits at the northern tip of the lake with the fells towering above in the most stunning scenery imaginable. It is a walkers haven with low and high walks available in all directions.
A wide selection of tea rooms, restaurants and traditional village inns and a range of local shops including the world famous gingerbread shop and Heaton Cooper Art Gallery help to make this a popular destination at any time of the year.
Rowan Cottage is situated a stones throw from the centre of this picturesque village, forming part of a terrace of substantial mid 19th Century stone built properties with views towards Silver How and Helm Crag. This well equipped cottage has been renovated and very comfortably furnished with many characterful features including an abundance of stripped pine and is ideal for family holidays at any time of the year.
The accommodation is centrally heated and comprises:
- Attractive entrance hallway.
- Double bedroom with co-ordinated linens and feature Victorian fireplace.
- Double bedroom and en-suite shower room.
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Cosy and characterful lounge with bay window and window seat, attractive fireplace housing a living flame gas fire, TV, video and comfortable furnishings.
- Kitchen/diner well equipped with gas cooker, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave and dining furniture.
- There is also a WC and washer/dryer situated on this floor.
- All electric, gas and bed linen included.
- Cot available.
- Parking permit provided.
- Extra parking can be purchased at the Red Bank Road car park (200m from the cottage) at an approx. cost of £30 for 7 days or £15 for 3 days
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation.
To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
We have had a super week with our family and hope to return again. The cottage is very welcoming and has been very cosy in the evenings.
Mr & Mrs Price