In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- No Garden
- On street parking
- Wood burning stove
- Budget cottage
Rycroft has been refurbished to a high standard and effortlessly combines modern day comforts with the traditional features of the cottage. Rycroft is the perfect romantic retreat and with a cosy wood burning stove for chilly evenings and Talkin Tarn and quiet country roads for walking and cycling only minutes away it is an ideal base at any time of year.
The fell side village of Talkin sits in an elevated location at the northern tip of the Pennines in the Eden Valley 10 miles east of the historic county town of Carlisle and ten miles north of World Heritage site, Hadrian’s Wall. The village has a traditional pub serving home cooked bar meals and nearby is Talkin Tarn, a woodland country park with a 65 acre lake where watersports can be undertaken followed by a leisurely walk around the tarn and coffee in the cafe. The market town of Brampton, with a wealth of local amenities and restaurants is 5 miles north west of Talkin and Brampton golf club is approx. 1 mile. The area is ideal for walkers or cyclists along the country lanes and with easy access to the Lake District this is an ideal base to enjoy exploring Cumbria.
This newly refurbished cottage blends the characterful features of the period with a contemporary twist incorporating modern day comforts and amenities to provide superb accommodation for a romantic break at any time of the year, it is equally suitable for two couples. The sandstone cottage has an eclectic and stylish mix of furniture that blends to give a welcoming ambience that is sure to be appreciated by both the young, and not so young, looking for a peaceful break in the picturesque village of Talkin.
Rycroft has electric central heating and comprises:
- Cosy sitting room with rustic, industrial style wall lights, wood burning stove and plasma TV.
- Breakfast kitchen with shaker style cream painted kitchen with electric oven and hob, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave and iPod player.
- Cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Both bedrooms have white washed stripped original floorboards, wall lights and crisp, fresh bed linen with the spacious master double bedroom having a king size Victorian style antique nickel bed and freestanding roll top bath.
- Second cosy double bedroom.
- Shower room with walk in shower, hand basin and WC.
- All electric and bed linen included, towels can be hired at £5 per set.
- Cot and highchair available.
- On street parking.
- Outside there is sand stone seating by the entrance to the cottage and a log store.
- Free Wi-Fi available.
- Approx. 1 mile from Brampton Golf Course.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 1 dog is welcome at a cost of £20 per week.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.