In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Shared Garden
- Private parking
This 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom barn conversion offers 'upside down' style accommodation to take advantage of the views. One of 7 cottages Saddleback Barn is located in an area of peace and tranquility and has shared use of the 2.5 acres of gardens.
Located almost mid-way between Penrith and Keswick, a mile off the A66 with easy access both to Keswick and Ullswater both 15 minutes away. An idyllic location that will help you unwind and relax and enjoy the countryside on offer, a true Oasis of peace and tranquillity. Mungrisdale is a small hamlet with a fine local pub by a meandering stream which serves excellent bar meals. During warmer weather the stream is often filled with children paddling whilst the parents enjoy a lazy afternoon with a picnic whilst soaking up the scenery.
We are delighted to offer this superb, self-catering development of 7 properties that sit in a truly idyllic, elevated location with panoramic 360 degree views to nearby Saddleback and the Mungrisdale Valley. The cottages are located in a courtyard development next to the owners home who have used their extensive self-catering experience to cater for your every need and pride themselves on the standard of accommodation that they provide. The cottages are approached by a 1 mile track over the moorland amid 380 acres of classic Lakeland scenery.
The former outbuildings of the farmhouse have been skilfully converted by local craftsmen, retaining a wealth of features whilst combining the comforts of modern day living to provide one cottage sleeping 7, one sleeping 5, three 2 bedroom ground floor adjoining cottages, a 2 bedroom luxuriously appointed ground floor apartment and a first floor 1 bedroom apartment.
The properties are all set within 2.5 acres of well tended gardens with many private seating areas, allowing you to relax and take advantage of the stunning 360% views.
The ‘upside down' barn conversion retains many original features and offers spectacular views over the surrounding countryside, has oil fired central heating and comprises:
- Double bedroom with views to Saddleback and en-suite bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- Family bedroom with double and single bed, views to Mungrisdale and Caldbeck fells and en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Boiler/store room, ideal for drying clothes.
- First floor: Open plan lounge/kitchen/diner with original beams, flat screen TV, DVD, video players and hi-fi.
- The kitchen has an electric oven and hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric and bed linen included.
- Towels available to hire at £5 per set.
- Wi-Fi available.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking.
- Shared use of the laundry room with 2 washing machines, tumble dryer and 2 drying cupboards all coin operated (£1 for 1 hour).
- Shared use of the large, well tended 2.5 acre gardens with garden furniture strategically placed to benefit from the superb 360 degree views.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.