In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Balcony or Terrace
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
A delightful renovated cottage situated in the beautiful Vale of Lorton, with log burning stove housed in an Inglenook fire place. A marvelous base from which to explore the Lake District. Ideal for groups of walkers or families who may wish to use the rainbow trout fishing facilities which the owners provide free of charge.
The village of High Lorton nestles at the foot of Whinlatter Pass within the Buttermere and Lorton Valley, a beautiful and much less frequented area of the National Park yet only a short drive from the bustling market town of Keswick. Crummock Water, Loweswater, Buttermere and Ennerdale are very easily accessed from High Lorton.
Scales Cottage has views over the valley towards the Loweswater fells and the hills around Whinlatter Pass. The Whinlatter Forest Park with its new Go Ape Forest Adventure and mountain bike trails is only a five minute drive from the cottage. The village of Lorton has a traditional shop and pub. Nearby in the village of Loweswater the award winning Kirkstile Inn can be found with log fires, traditional ales and excellent meals.
Scales Cottage is a charming and characterful 17th century cottage which has been lovingly restored retaining many original features including an Inglenook fire place and slate floors. The cottage is situated on a working dairy farm which incorporates a well stocked rainbow trout fishing pond to which guests have access.
The property has central heating and comprises:
- Kitchen/diner with slate floor, cosy wood burning stove housed beneath an Inglenook fireplace, electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Large family bathroom with shower over bath, WC and hand basin.
- Double bedroom with king size bed.
- First floor: Master double bedroom with king size four poster bed
- Double bedroom with sloping ceiling (Only suitable for children).
- Spacious lounge with vaulted beamed ceilings, TV, DVD and music centre.
- All oil, electric, bed linen and an initial supply of logs available.
- Towels available (please order prior to arrival) £5 per set 1 hand and 1 bath.
- Cot available.
- Wi-fi available
- Private parking for 3 cars.
- Outside raised terrace with seating and small lawned area.
- Guests may fish free of charge on the pond located 200 yards from the cottage and stocked with rainbow trout.
PLEASE NOTE Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.