In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Lake view
- Wood burning stove
- Budget cottage
Tucked away in a peaceful, rural location this former mine workers cottage has retained many original features including flagstone floor, beamed ceiling and a wood burning stove for cuddling in front of on winter evenings and the garden is a haven for relaxation on a summers day with a view to Lake Ullswater.
Location, location, location! If you are looking for a truly rural location with views from the garden to Lake Ullswater then this is the cottage for you. Situated one mile east of the village of Glenridding, accessed by a mile long, winding, single track to reach a row of six former mine workers cottages on the back of Helvellyn, in the most picturesque location imaginable. Glenridding has a number of hotels serving food and local ales and convenience store. There is easy access to the villages dotted around the lake and Ambleside and Windermere via Kirkstone Pass.
The mid terrace, stone cottage has been refurbished retaining its wealth of character including flagstone floor, beamed ceiling, wood burning stove and wealth of local timbers which all help make this a cottage that is sure to be enjoyed by all those fortunate enough to stay here.
The accommodation is heated by night storage heaters and comprises:
- Entrance porch.
- Open plan living area with cosy wood burning stove, TV and DVD player.
- Dining area leading to-
- Kitchen equipped with electric oven and hob, fridge, washing machine and microwave.
- Steep open tread stair case to first floor: (Not suitable for small children or anyone who has difficulty walking)
- Double bedroom with superb views to the fells.
- Children’s room with built in bunk beds, suitable for children over 5 years due to the stairs.
- Compact shower room with hand basin and WC.
- All electric, an initial supply of coal wood and bed linen included.
- Sorry no cot or highchair available.
- On street parking by the track.
- Garden with garden furniture and view to the lake.
Pets are NOT accepted in this cottage
Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.