In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Shared Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
This luxury first floor apartment is one of 7 cottages at Near Howe. The property has stunning views over the surrounding countryside, you can even enjoy 'Sharpe Edge' on Blencathra from the bath!
Located almost mid-way between Penrith and Keswick, a mile off the A66 with easy access both to Keswick and Ullswater both 15 minutes away. An idyllic location that will help you unwind and relax and enjoy the countryside on offer, a true Oasis of peace and tranquillity. Mungrisdale is a small hamlet with a fine local pub by a meandering stream which serves excellent bar meals. During warmer weather the stream is often filled with children paddling whilst the parents enjoy a lazy afternoon with a picnic whilst soaking up the scenery.
We are delighted to offer this superb, self-catering development of 7 properties that sit in a truly idyllic, elevated location with panoramic 360 degree views to nearby Saddleback and the Mungrisdale Valley. The cottages are located in a courtyard development next to the owners home who have used their extensive self-catering experience to cater for your every need and pride themselves on the standard of accommodation that they provide. The cottages are approached by a 1 mile track over the moorland amid 380 acres of classic Lakeland scenery.
The former outbuildings of the farmhouse have been skilfully converted by local craftsmen, retaining a wealth of features whilst combining the comforts of modern day living to provide one cottage sleeping 7, one sleeping 5, three 2 bedroom ground floor adjoining cottages, a 2 bedroom luxuriously appointed ground floor apartment and a first floor 1 bedroom apartment.
The properties are all set within 2.5 acres of well tended gardens with many private seating areas, allowing you to relax and take advantage of the stunning 360% views.
With panoramic views all around this first floor apartment is furnished and equipped to a high standard is centrally heated and comprises:
- Lounge with dining area, flat screen TV, DVD players.
- Kitchen with electric cooker, fridge/freezer and microwave.
- Double bedroom with super king zip link bed which can be converted into twin beds (please advise at the time of booking).
- Bathroom with separate shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric and bed linen included.
- Towels available to hire at £5 per set.
- Wi-Fi available.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking.
- Shared use of the laundry room with 2 washing machines, tumble dryer and 2 drying cupboards all coin operated (£1 for 1 hour).
- Shared use of the large, well tended 2.5 acre gardens with garden furniture strategically placed to benefit from the superb 360 degree views.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 1 dog is welcome at a cost of £20 per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.