In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Secure Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Open fire
Smithy Cottage is a traditional Cumbrian cottage ideally located to explore Lake Ullswater. With beams and cosy open fire for cosy nights in and garden for summer relaxation the cottage is an all year round home from home. Keswick and Penrith are within a 20 minute drive and Ambleside is half an hour away.
Tirril is located mid way between Penrith and the bustling village of Pooley Bridge on the shores of Lake Ullswater. Nearby is Rheghed Visitor Centre and Lowther Castle with its restored gardens. Keswick is a 20 minute drive and a trip over Kirkstone Pass leads to Ambleside or Windermere. The market towns of Penrith and Keswick have shops, bars, restaurants, a cinema and swimming pool to amuse children on rainy days, or fell walks can be enjoyed straight from the door.
Smithy Cottage is a refurbished 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom cottage located overlooking the village green, only 100 yards from the award winning village pub, noted for its excellent meals. Retaining traditional charm with a beamed lounge and open fire the cottage is cosy for winter nights in and the cottage garden provides a relaxing haven to enjoy al-fresco dining or a glass of wine on a summers evening.
The oil centrally heated accommodation comprises:
- Beamed lounge with open fire, TV and DVD player.
- Dining room with patio doors leading to the garden.
- Kitchen with electric double oven and hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and microwave opening out to
- Conservatory with delightful rural aspect over the rear cottage style garden.
- First floor: Double bedroom with plasma TV with en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Children's twin bedroom.
- Superb bathroom with freestanding roll top bath, hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric and bed linen included.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking for 2 cars.
- Cottage style enclosed rear garden with view over adjoining fields.
- Wi-Fi available
- Initial supply of kindling and logs will be provided
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 1 dog is welcome at a cost of £20 per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.