In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Shared Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Lake view
Somervell is a characterful apartment situated in the semi rural village of Applethwaite, stunning views can be admired from the lounge and bedrooms.
There are numerous woodland paths which lead directly from Applethwaite onto Skiddaw, the views from which are absolutely breathtaking. The delightful market town of Keswick is only 1.5 miles away where you will find an abundance of shops, pubs and restaurants, the Theatre by the Lake, golf course and beautifully tended parks. Somervell is a fantastic base from which to explore the whole of the Lake District.
Somervell is a delightful spacious apartment situated within Applethwaite Country House, a former gentleman's residence which was built in 1881 and later converted into apartments. The property stands in 2 acres of beautiful mature woodland gardens in an elevated position on the lower slopes of Skiddaw with superb views across the vale of Keswick to the Newlands fells, Derwentwater and Borrowdale in the distance.
This first and second floor apartment has gas central heating and comprises:
- Entrance hallway with hanging space.
- First floor: Lounge/diner with TV, DVD and video player. The views from the lounge are spectacular.
- Dining/kitchen with electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer.
- Shower room with hand basin.
- Separate WC with hand basin.
- Second floor: Master double bedroom with wall mounted TV, en-suite bathroom with hand basin and WC. Panoramic views
- Twin bedroom with vanity unit, hand basin and TV.
- Double bedroom with TV, stunning views and en-suite bathroom with hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric and bed linen provided.
- Towels can be hired from our Keswick office.
- Payphone, cot and free Wi-Fi available.
- Private parking.
- Outside 1.5 acres of shared woodland garden with lawn and miniature putting green.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week. . Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Somervell and look forward to returning again, (hopefully next year). We found Somervell to be a tastefully furnished character conversion offering spacious accommodation with wonderful views of Derwentwater. We liked the peaceful location, and being at the foot of Skiddaw we were able to take some wonderful walks right from the doorstep. The close proximity to Keswick meant we were able to frequently visit the attractions the town had to offer which was perfect for us being a family with young children to entertain. The house is a true home from home, the well equipped kitchen with all modern appliances and a huge range of cooking utensils was enough to cater for me, being an adventurous cook. The wide variety of Books and Films available to us complimented the thoughtful touches offered in this comfortable house, the reclining sofas in the lounge were a big hit with the whole family after our many long walks. There was lots of tourist information available to us. Overall, a wonderful week was had by all and we have already recommended the house to others upon our return.
Mrs L.L. Esex