In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
Take a step back in time, Station Masters House is a detached Cumbrian cottage, full of oldie Worldly charm situated close to the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake, the wood burning stove is great to cuddle up to on a chilly evening after a day exploring.
Station Masters House is located midway between the beautiful market towns of Keswick and Cockermouth, both only 6 miles away, at the northern tip of Bassenthwaite Lake. The area is ideal for those who enjoy the great outdoors, the recently opened Dubwath Silver Meadow Wetland Reserve is just opposite the house and Peil Wyke Woods and Sale Fell are both within walking distance, along with the many other walking and mountain biking opportunities right from the door means you are able to escape the hustle and bustle of the busier towns whilst enjoying an active holiday.
As the name suggests, this 2 bedroom detached cottage was once the station masters own home, which has now been converted into a basic yet cosy holiday retreat after the closure of the railway line. Bassenthwaite Lake and the traditional Pheasant Inn, serving excellent food and ale, are both within walking distance and the welcoming wood burning stove is great to cuddle up to after a day on the fells, making this an ideal choice at any time of year.
The accommodation is heated by night storage heaters and comprises:
- Spacious lounge with TV and wood burning stove.
- Dining room with exposed stone walls and dining furniture.
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Utility room ideal for storing outdoor gear with washing machine, tumble dryer and Belfast sink.
- Ground floor WC.
- First floor Double bedroom with original feature stone wall, magnificent fell views, hand basin a door to jack and Jill bathroom with shower over bath, WC and hand basin,
- The bathroom can also be accessed from the hallway.
- Twin bedroom.
- All electric and bed linen included.
- Cot available.
- Towels can be hired from our office.
- Private parking for 2 cars.
- Cottage style garden to the front of the property,
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week.
Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation.
To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.