In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
Stockwell Hall Cottage has been lovingly converted from a former barn retaining many original features, now a luxurious Lake District cottage ideal for families or couples who will not only appreciate the peaceful ambience but also the high quality furnishings and attention to detail. A warm welcome awaits you!!
Stockwell Hall Cottage is ideally located close to Caldbeck in the northern Lake District on the edge of the cumbrian fells and near to the quaint villages of Caldbeck and Hesket Newmarket. The area is renowned for its outstanding natural beauty and is ideal for adventure and walking holidays at any time of the year. The Cumbrian Way and River Caldew are close by and not too far away are the mountain peaks of Blencathra and Skiddaw from which the views are outstandingly magnificent. Bassenthwaite, Ullswater and Derwentwater are all only a short drive away. The cottage is also within easy reach of Keswick and the great border city of Carlisle.
The cottage has been sympathetically converted to the highest standard from an 18th century Grade II listed barn and now combines original character and charm with luxurious fixtures and fittings. The cottage has been furnished to 5 star gold standards with special care and attention to detail and set in a peaceful rural location, it is spacious and well equipped with many of the furnishings from Laura Ashley. Set in pleasant surroundings of a small holding you have the opportunity to see the animals and wildlife close up yet you still have space to relax, unwind and enjoy the beautiful Cumbrian countryside.
The cottage is immaculately presented with co-ordinated fabric and linens throughout, has oil fired central heating and comprises:
- Breakfast / kitchen with electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, dining table and doors opening up onto the patio with views to the garden.
- Double bedroom furnished with Laura Ashley bedding and fabrics.
- Twin bedroom furnished with Laura Ashley bedding and fabrics.
- Bathroom with roll top bath, hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- First floor: Galleried landing leading to lounge with exposed cruick beams, electric log effect wood burning stove, digital TV, video, DVD player, CD radio with i-Pod dock and views over open countryside.
- Double bedroom with exposed beams and brass bed.
- Shower room with hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- All oil, electric, bed linen, fluffy towels and Wi-Fi provided.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking for 3 cars.
- Outside patio overlooking a large garden with garden furniture and BBQ.
- Outhouse with heating, ideal for storing or drying outdoor clothing, footwear and equipment.
- Fresh flowers and a welcome tea tray on arrival.
- This property is only suitable for couples or families.
- Low occupancy discount available
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. . Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.