In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- No Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Open fire
- Budget cottage
This 18th Century cottage is located within 50 yards of the popular market town of Middleham. The cottage retains its original beams, has some exposed stone work and a welcoming multi fuel stove to keep you warm in colder months.
Middleham is predominantly a Georgian market town with settlements going back to the Romans. Today, it is the premier northern centre for the training of race horses and has almost 500 thoroughbreds in training in the vicinity. Many can be seen on their early morning gallops. Middleham came to prominence for its association with Richard III who lived in the local castle and the town is well known for its connections with the king - The Richard III Hotel and Public Bar are within 50 yards of the cottage and the remains of the castle and the former priory are also close by. Middleham is ideally situated for exploring the northern dales and is well situated for heading off to Durham, Newcastle, Harrogate, Leeds and York.
We are pleased to offer this most characterful cottage dating back to the 18th Century. The cottage retains its original beams and the cosy stove is an ideal place to cuddle in front of on a chilly evening. Stonecroft is quietly situated, away from the main flow of traffic and people, yet the market place is within 50 yards down a narrow ginnel. The cobbled market place offers additional parking in the centre of this popular picturesque market town and is well served by a range of local shops, cafes and pubs offering simple bar snacks to restaurant quality meals.
The accommodation is heated by a back boiler from the multi fuel stove and comprises:
- Cosy lounge with Freesat TV and DVD player.
- Steps lead down to the country style breakfast kitchen with beamed ceiling, electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, microwave, TV and CD player.
- First floor : Two double bedrooms.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All electric, coal, bed linen and towels provided.
- Private parking adjacent to the patio and additional parking is in the market square.
- Sorry no children under the age of 12.
- Wi-Fi and free telephone available.
PLEASE NOTE 1 dog is welcome at a cost of £20 per week. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.