In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Balcony or Terrace
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Budget cottage
Stonegarth Mews is a luxurious cottage with fantastic attention to detail which has been furnished and equipped to an exceptionally high standard. Ideal for couples looking for a relaxing romantic break. The cottage is situated in a quiet cul-de-sac just a stones throw away from the popular village Grasmere. An abundance of walking, cycling, picturesque scenery and sightseeing opportunities await you.
Stonegarth Mews is situated in a quiet cul-de-sac just off the centre of Grasmere one of the most popular villages in Cumbria, described by the poet William Wordsworth as “the loveliest spot that man hath ever found” Dove Cottage and Rydal Mount are both former homes of the poet and are now open to holidaymakers to visit. The village has an abundance of shops, pubs, restaurants and cafes, many visitors visit the Grasmere Gingerbread shop where speciality gingerbread is baked using a secret recipe. Many low and high level scenic walks are accessible directly from the door including lakeside walks and for the more energetic the slopes of Silver Howe, The Lion and the Lamb and Easedale Tarn.
The cottage has been furnished and equipped to a very high standard with fabulous attention to detail, the owners have used their hospitality experience and flare for design to ensure that Stonegarth Mews is a perfect base from which to explore Grasmere and the surrounding area.
The cottage has under floor heating throughout and comprises:
- Spacious and stylish open plan living area with solid wood flooring and spot lighting.
- Lounge with comfy corner sofa and snuggle chair, TV and DVD player.
- Kitchen with electric oven and, hob, microwave, fridge, wine cooler, dishwasher, breakfast bar and Lakeland slate flooring.
- First floor: Cosy master bedroom with super king size bed dressed with luxurious linen, throw and scatter cushions.
- Fully tiled shower room with large walk in shower, bidet, his and hers double hand basin, WC and chrome heated towel rail.
- All electric, bed linen and fluffy towels included.
- Sorry no cot or highchair available, however you are welcome to bring your own or hire one from Lakes Cottage Holidays office.
- Private parking.
- Outdoor seating area with furniture.
- Free Wi-fi available.
PLEASE NOTE Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
This is an excellent mews for a couple, right in the heart of Grasmere. Close to all the amenities including cafes, pubs and shops as well as a good starting point for many lovely walks. It was very cosy and had everything needed. Although the village is very busy in the daytime, at night when the tourist buses have gone the village takes on a lovely quietness. We will definitely hope to return in the future and will recommend to family and friends. Many thanks.