In a Nutshell
- Four bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Lake view
This 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom detached house stands in half an acre of private garden and has views to Lake Windermere, located on, what is known to the locals as, 'Millionaire's Mile'. The former coach house is furnished and equipped to the highest standard and is within walking distance of shops, pubs and restaurants and is ideal for 2 families holidaying together or a group of friends looking for a relaxing break away from the hustle and bustle of Bowness-on-Windermere village.
Storrs Lodge has it all, located in an area known as ‘Millionaires Mile’ on the edge of Bowness on Windermere this stunning detached Lakeland house is furnished and equipped to the highest standard and offers views to the Lake. There is a wealth of amenities in Bowness ranging from mountaineering shops, art galleries, antique shops, cafes and restaurants serving local produce, wine bars and traditional inns. Located on the shores of Lake Windermere, leave the car behind and explore the local area on one of the lake cruises, jump off at Lakeside and visit the aquarium and ride the steam train, or continue to Ambleside and visit the garden centre or shop in the boutique shops.
Formerly a coach house, Storrs Lodge is now an opulent holiday home which will be appreciated by the discerning client. Located within a 10 minute stroll of the village of Bowness the lodge is perfectly located to enjoy the bustling village life and afterwards escape to an area of peace and tranquillity. The 4 bedroom detached house is the perfect retreat for families or a group of friends looking for a break with a touch of luxury. Set in its own half acre of gardens the lodge provides spacious living accommodation with a cosy wood burning stove surrounded by deep cushioned sofas, a formal dining room for entertaining with good company and wine, or simply a place from which to relax and unwind and take in the lake views from the balcony. Storrs Lodge is approx. 2 miles from Windermere Golf Club.
Storrs Lodge has gas central heating and comprises:
- Lounge with warming wood burning stove, comfy sofas, TV, DVD player and view to the lake.
- Dining room perfect for dinner parties.
- Kitchen with electric Rangemaster with gas hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- First floor: Master double bedroom with beautiful king size sleigh bed, wall mounted TV, private balcony with lake view and en-suite bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- Double bedroom with wall mounted TV, king size bed and en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Double bedroom with wall mounted TV.
- Twin bedroom.
- Family bathroom with power shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- Shower room with power shower, hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric, bed linen and initial supply of logs provided.
- Towels can be hired at £5 per set.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking for 4 cars.
- Wifi available
- Garden with illuminated lawn at night, sun terrace, summerhouse and garden furniture.
- Approx. 2 miles from Windermere Golf Club.
There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week.
Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
Another super holiday in this wonderful home. Such a lovely welcome from Jill. Cant wait to return again.
The Derbyshire Family
Beautiful setting. Lovely comfy house with great showers. Loved the summer house. Walked about 30 miles this week. Feeling relaxed and refreshed. Thanks for the cake.
Walters and Tomkins Families
Had a wonderful holiday. Lovely home and lovely location. The ideal place for a family get together.
The Isle of Skye Family
We've had a lovely holiday in your beautiful and spacious house - thank you very much. Like home from home but twice as good. Loved tea and cakes and roses on arrival - thank you. A great house to explore the area - and the bus will drop you at the end of the lane, fantastic.
Mrs V Weld and Family
What an amazing home, we have all had an amazing time. Great weather, great views, great part of the world. The tea and cakes was a very nice touch, just what we needed after the long drive. Thank you
We have had a wonderful time in this lovely home - we will definitely return
The Derbyshire Family
We were here 5 years ago what a wonderful transformation Jill has made. The weather is perfect crisp and clear.
Mr & Mrs Wood
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.