In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Parking permit available
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
Strawberry Cottage is a characterful 2 bedroomed Cumbrian cottage sleeping 3/4, situated close to the centre of Keswick which has a wide variety of amenities. An ideal base for those who love to be close to a town centre yet within easy reach of the surrounding Lake District countryside.
Strawberry Cottage is an end of terrace Lakeland stone cottage which was originally part of the former St Johns School. The property has been sympathetically and tastefully modernised whilst still retaining a very characterful feel. Situated within a stone's throw of the town centre it is an ideal retreat for those looking for quality accommodation in the heart of Keswick.
The town has a fantastic selection of shops, tearooms, restaurants and pubs to suit all tastes. The shores of Derwentwater, are a short walk away, where you could try canoeing or sailing, or take a relaxing trip on a launch around the lake. Evening entertainment includes the award winning Theatre by the Lake, Alhambra Cinema and much more. The lower slopes of Latrigg and Skiddaw can be accessed on foot, whilst Newlands Valley, Borrowdale Valley and Bassenthwaite are all within a short drive.
The gas centrally heated cottage comprises:
- Homely lounge/diner with open gas fire, TV, DVD and CD radio with iPod dock.
- Well equipped kitchen with electric oven and halogen hob, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine and microwave.
- First floor: Double bedroom with TV, clock/radio with iPod dock, original feature fire place and wrought iron bed.
- Double bedroom (the bed can only be accessed from one side) clock/radio with iPod dock.
- Luxury family bathroom with whirlpool bath, shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric and bed linen included.
- Free Wi-Fi available.
- Cot, highchair and towels are available to hire from the Keswick office.
- Parking permit ( May to October ) provided for a nearby car park (a £20 cash refundable deposit is payable at the office upon arrival for the use of the permit)
- During low season parking is available on street nearby.
- Rear yard with seating and lockable wooden shed ideal for storing bikes.
- Towels are not provided, however you are welcome to hire them from our Keswick office.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
We spent a long weekend in this cottage and we enjoyed ever minute of it. A great location in the town, and within walking distance of some good restaurants and pubs. The cottage was well equipped with a lovely kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and lounge. We will use this cottage again we visiting Keswick.