In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
This recently converted cottage has a balcony to take in the views of Helvellyn and is within a short walk of Lake Ullswater. With a cottage garden, the cottage is an ideal base from which to relax and unwind in this popular area.
The row of former mine workers cottages sit above the pretty village of Glenridding on the southern shore of Ullswater at the foot of Helvellyn with walking from the door. The village has 3 pubs, a restaurant and 2 shops and the area is awash with water sports and activity centres, along with the Ullswater Steamers picking up in the village enabling you to hop on and off exploring the lake without the use of a car. Ambleside, Windermere, Keswick and Penrith are easily accessible with a wide selection of shops, bars and restaurants.
Stybarrow Cottage is a recently renovated and extended three storey Lakeland stone cottage that is immaculately presented with much care and attention to detail by the owner who lives close by and gives a warm welcome on arrival. The property benefits from a cottage style garden with lawn, two patios, BBQ and magnificent views to Helvellyn towering above.
The oil fired centrally heated cottage comprises:
- Lounge with TV, DVD player, video and living flame gas fire.
- Breakfast kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave and views over the garden to Helvellyn.
- Utility/cloakroom with washing machine and WC.
- There is a coin operated tumble dryer in the outhouse.
- First floor: Double bedroom with en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- Second floor: Master double bedroom suite, comprising seating area with TV and patio doors giving access to a covered balcony with magnificent views to Helvellyn.
- Cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric and bed linen provided.
- Towels available to hire at £5 per set.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking for 2 cars.
- Garden with patio, BBQ and garden furniture.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.