In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- New cottage
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
Located in the Ullswater Fells this cosy and romantic cottage has walking from the door over the fells, where stunning views await at every turn, and to Aira Force. Return to the cottage to snuggle in front of the wood burning stove or relax in the garden with one of the best views you will want to see.
Location, location, location! This is the cottage with a location that will be greatly admired by those lucky enough to stay in this newly converted barn conversion. The barn is adjoining the owners former fell side farmhouse dating back to the 12th century within its 13 acres of fields. Swallowdale sits in the fells towering above Lake Ullswater and provides walking opportunities from the door. Aira Beck runs through the fields of the property and leads to Aira Force one of the most spectacular tourist destinations, which can be easily reached on foot. There are numerous villages dotted around the lake with traditional village pubs, restaurants and shops for leisurely days or jump aboard an Ullswater steamer and enjoy the sights from the lake itself.
The cosy cottage, with wood burning stove, successfully blends traditional with contemporary to provide a most attractive cottage that will be enjoyed by couples visiting for a romantic short break or a longer stay to appreciate this idyllic fell side location.
The cottage has under floor heating throughout and comprises:
- Cosy lounge with wood burning stove, TV, full width glass window and door to provide views to Matterdale Common with Galbarrow towering above, Place Fell and High Street beyond.
- Breakfast kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Bathroom with hand basin and WC.
- Stairs to a magnificent feature bedroom with pretty king size bed, vaulted ceiling, centre beam (thoughtfully padded to prevent any "bumps in the night") and view to the fells.
- All oil, electric, bed linen and towels included.
- Cot available.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Private parking for 1 car.
- Small garden with seating to admire one of the finest views in the Ullswater area.
- Access to the owners surrounding fields and fells beyond.
PLEASE NOTE 1 dog is welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.