In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
Swallows Barn is a 2 bedroomed barn conversion sleeping 4. Situated in the pretty village fo Torpenhow, The Western Lake District, Solway coast and historic city of Carlisle are all within a short drive. An Ideal retreat for anyone looking for a peaceful base from which to explore this beautiful area.
Torpenhow is idyllically placed in the Caldbeck Fells, far enough away from the crowds to enjoy a peaceful break at any time of year, but with easy access of Ullswater, Bassenthwaite and Keswick, all within a 20 minute drive. Closer to hand are the fellside villages of Ireby, Uldale and Caldbeck with pubs serving delicious bar meals. Torpenhow is an ideal base from which to explore the northern lakes, Solway Coast, Carlisle and Hadrian's Wall.
Swallows Barn is a barn conversion and sits at the end of a row of 3 in a courtyard in the centre of the village of Torpenhow. There are an abundance of country lanes providing walking and cycling opportunities from the door. The garden is a retreat for those looking for solitude where the peace and quiet can be soaked up on a sunny day or on a chilly winters evening cuddling up to the wood burning stove is the place to be.
The oil centrally heated accommodation is extremely well equipped and comprises:
- Lounge with cosy wood burning stove, TV and DVD player.
- Breakfast kitchen with electric oven and hob. dishwasher, fridge microwave and washer/dryer.
- Cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Master double bedroom with TV and DVD, en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Dressing room with cot.
- Twin bedroom with TV and DVD.
- Bathroom with shower over bath
- All oil, electric and bed linen included.
- Cot available.
- Private parking for 2 cars.
- Patio garden with furniture and BBQ.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. . Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.